Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Entrees and Main Courses - General

Old 12-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Gimme More Pizza!

Oops, I realized that I've forgotten to post this gem of a pizza recipe here. We made this again for dinner last nite and it was yummylicious.

Gimme More Pizza!
I came up with the following combination last week, and it was so darn yummy, I just HAD to make it 2 days in a row! (For me, that's saying a lot! lol)

For this recipe you'll need:
Pizza Crust or bread slices of choice (I used the Veggie Herb Pizza Crust and Almond Bread)Basil Pesto
Spinach Leaves
Marinated Fennel
Marinated Portobello
Pine Nut Parmesan

Veggie Herb Pizza Crust
By Erica of School Of Rawk

2 cups Sprouted buckwheat
2 zucchinis (2 cups)
onion powder
1-2 cloves garlic
Braggs or salt to taste
1 teaspoon herbs de provence
1/2 ground flax
1 tablespoon oil

Process until a dough-like consistency is reached. (Add more flax if needed). Form into pizza crusts onto teflex sheets and dehydrate for a few hours at 110 degrees. Then flip onto the mesh and continue dehydrating until completely dry.

Carmella's Note: You can freeze any left over crusts by double bagging them into ziplock bags.

Basil Pesto
4 cups fresh basil and spinach, packed (I like to use 1/2 of each)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Blend basil and spinach until finely chopped. Then add the rest of the ingredients and
blend until smooth.

Marinated Fennel
1 cup fennel sliced thinly on a mandoline or V-slicer
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs Nama Shoyu
1 Tbs agave or honey

Toss fennel with the rest of the ingredients and let marinate for at least 1 hr.

Marinated Portobello
1 Portobello mushroom, chopped
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs tamari or nama shoyu
2 tsp tarragon
1 garlic clove, crushed

Toss Portobello pieces with the rest of the ingredients and let marinate for at least 1 hr.

Pine Nut Parmesan
1/2 cup macadamias
1/2 cup cashews
2 Tbs pine nuts
1 Tbs lemon juice
1Tbs flax meal
1 clove crushed garlic
1Tbs nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp salt

First process macadamias and cashews until ground. Then add the rest of the ingredients and process until well mixed. You don’t want to over-process the pine nuts as they release a lot of oil.

Assembly
On a pizza crust or slice of bread, spread a generous layer of basil pesto followed by a double layer of fresh spinach leaves. Then put some marinated fennel, Portobello pieces, and finish off by crumbling pine nut parmesan on top. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 110 degrees.

Then dare any cooked pizza joint to come up with something as tasty and delicious! Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SPPPizzaW.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1289  Click image for larger version

Name:	SPPPizzaCrackerW.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1290  

Last edited by Carmella : 01-22-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Sweety Tweety Bird

What are you doing to meeeeeeeee...??? You are giving me sleepless nights.... many sleepless nights....

Of course thank you for sharing and that looks so so so GOOOOOOOOOOD!!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

What are you doing still up you Tweety Birdie? How are you gonna be able to get up in time to chirp and chirp at sunrise, eh?

Sooooooo, does that mean you've now made peace with fennel or you were just too tired to notice it in the ingredient list?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmella View Post
What are you doing still up you Tweety Birdie? How are you gonna be able to get up in time to chirp and chirp at sunrise, eh?
I don't know.... I guess its because Monday is my day-off and I took advantage to want to stay up as late or early as I want and to stay in forever if I want to i know bad bad bad but wait what IS bad and what IS good?? if staying in bed longer and staying up late makes me feel good *in a way* then how can that be bad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmella View Post
Sooooooo, does that mean you've now made peace with fennel or you were just too tired to notice it in the ingredient list?
Did you say fennel?? Sorry its past 3 am oh no, its 8 to 4 IN THE MORN *gasp*.... anyway, I did not see it since its all blurry to me... hee hee no, I have made peas with fennel. Don't you know that Fennel and I are now great buddies?? no I really like it and thanks to you!! really I love the taste now
Old 12-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

3 AM?!?!?!?!!??

But yeah, our Tweety can do whatever she wants... It's all GUTEN!

Yay! So glad I helped you make peasssss. Yippee!

Go Fennel Go! (Oops, listen to me! And it's only 1 PM here! Guess you're rubbing off on me! )
Old 09-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

As yesterday was Heathy's last day with us (boo hoo), it was the perfect occasion to come together to share a raw feast. Since I found out a few days ago that Mosaica hadn't tried raw pizza yet () it wasn't too hard to decide on a menu. We started off with a tomato basil soup, followed by onion bread and herb cheese, and this pizza with a generous side of mixed greens tossed with my dill dressing. Yummy stuff! The pizza turned out really well and was Divas' approved. Yay!

Last edited by Carmella : 09-24-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Entrees and Main Courses - General