Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Desserts and Sweet Treats

Old 12-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Orange Goji Berry White Chocolate

Has anyone tried this yet? I've been meaning to for the longest time. It sounds like it would make a great Holiday treat.

Orange Goji Berry White Chocolate
Posted by Sheryl Duruz on RFT

Okay here we go.... I have to say again.. this is AMAZING!!! Just amazing. The best raw dessert ever!! Better than chocolate carmel divine and easier too!

Grind up:
1/2 cup goji berries (usually sticky, not really a powder)

Blend until smooth:
1/2 cup melted cacao butter
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup agave nectar

Blend in Goji powder

Then by hand mix in whole:

1/2 cup cacao nibs (optional)
1/2 cup whole goji berries
The zest from 1 orange finely zested

Spread in a glass pie plate (think chocolate almond bark).

Chill in the freezer until firm.

WOW! WOW! WOW!!

It's this brilliant red/orange color, with the crunch of dried goji berries and cacao nibs. A sweet dessert, and also HUGE in antioxidants too!

WOW! WOW! WOW!!

It actually reminds me strongly of orange cranberry desserts that are quite common in Canada. YUMMY!!!

The best thing about raw chocolate... you have like 20 g and you're satisfied. We've only eaten the smallest chunk out of this fudge. Show me that happening with a regular family, and a standard chocolate bar! Never!!

Happy chocolate experimenting!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

Mmm, I love white chocolate!
My goji berries are dry and hard, not sticky at all... is something wrong with them?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Mosaica; Soak them for a little while:

Carmi: I MADE THIS AND IT WAS ''DIVINE''' VERY SWEET! YUM; WE ATE LITTLE BITS OF IT AND IT LASTED A LONG TIME! Joz
Old 05-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

I've been drooling over this recipe for more than a year, since my days back on Raw Food Talk. Now I can understand why Sheryl and pretty much everybody else who's made this were so thrilled. This is absolutely in-cre-di-ble!

I have to tell you that I had a bit of a mishap making this; all my fault though, not Sheryl's! Maybe I should elaborate a little, you know, so that you don't end up making the same booboo. See, my idea was to whip up only half a batch, something I often do when I first make a recipe. Call it 'damage control'. lol However, in this case, there wasn't enough mixture for my Vitamix to properly work with so I decided to add more agave, cashews and coconut oil instead of the cacao butter. Hum, not good! I ended up over processing the mixture and the oils separated. The result was more of a fudge consistency than a chocolate bar. Ah well, always something new to learn...

Carmella's Notes:
~ I would recommend grinding the cashews first for easier processing.

~ I used 1/2 cacao butter and 1/2 coconut butter and the mixture didn't set properly for some reason. *scratching her head* Could have been due to the fact that I processed it a little too much.

~ I cut down on the sweetener a bit... used more like 1/4 cup agave as I prefer it not too sweet.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Swallow

One of my all time favs!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Hatchling

I saw this recipe and this was one of the one's I had to make. Well, kind of...

I followed the basic white chocolate recipe but added some maca, lucuma and salt to it. I then sprinkled some of my favourite nuts and seeds in it. I'm gonna try to upload a pic of my little squares... If i can.

The funny thing is, I cut them quite small on purpose so it could be a small treat after my lunch or as a mid afternoon treat whilst I'm at work. I remember thinking, this will never satisfy me as I am a serial chocoholic. But when I had one square today, WOW, I could just about manage it and finished it in greed. I couldn't beleive it! Money well spent as I have about 17 more squares

The one on the top is hazelnut and raisins. The one on the left is goji berries and pumpkin nut and the one on the right which you canít see too well is cranberry and pecan nut. I have only tasted the goji one, but it is truly amazing and a perfect substitute.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	white chocolate.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	3178  
Old 03-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Oh yummo! Thanks for the ideas!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Swallow

Nuts are such a good idea.. wow, need to put this on my list when my budget can handle it.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

Ok, I made these today. It's wonderful, except that I find it too sweet, and hubby too. Next time I'll decrease the amount of the agave to half.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Swallow

mmmmmmm...been looking for something tested and true to experiment with my cacao butter...finally! i will give this a try (and take note of the too sweetness, i will be using honey instead of agave, so i will cut it back a bit - not too fond of sickly sweet, so, thanks for the tip!)
Old 06-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Toucan - Caretaker

Good idea. Better use less honey and keep tasting until it's perfect.
Btw, it would turn out perfect, if I'd scroll down a bit and read Carmi's notes on the sweetness... Luckily I figured out on my own to grind the cashews in the coffee mill.
Let us know how it turned out, please!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Swallow

deeeeeeeeeeelicious!! i love white chocolate, so i thought to try without the goji, first, to see if i can capture that plain white chocolate taste i love...so i added some extra cashew and vanilla bean instead in the base, and that was great. i did mix in cacao nibs, hemp seeds and goji berries by hand, and spread quite thin.

i don't know what you guys are talking about, being satisfied with just one little square, though!!

it was so good. i will have to make it again soon, and i will try with the ground goji, too. without the goji it tastes pretty much exactly like my favorite white chocolate bar i buy at the hfs sometimes, white chocolate with cacao nibs by cococamino.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Hatchling

Thank You!

I'm a big fan of the Goji berry in all it's forms, but hadn't found any particularly good recipes until I found this one on Google (thank goodness for old posts still showing up), so I had to register to say thank you!

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Desserts and Sweet Treats