Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Any ideas and suggestions about how to improve RFC Forum? Please post them here!

Old 05-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Hummingbirds - Caretakers

New Sub-Forum Creation Contest Details

Once again, Don and I would like to remind you that, although we are holding the vision in order for the Raw Freedom Community to emerge, we don't intend for it to be solely our creation. We would rather this forum be a group venture!

In that light, here is a golden opportunity for you all to contribute in the design of your new web-based home. For approximately the next 2 weeks, we would like to get your suggestions for the creation of a new forum/sub-forum (or maybe even a couple!) Do you feel anything is missing? Is there a topic that you would like to be able to explore more deeply, and that you feel would be beneficial to the group as a whole?

If so, please start a new thread under this forum and submit your suggestion. (Only one suggestion per thread please!) Members are invited to give their feedback and cast their votes via the thread rating system. After the 2 week period has ended, we will poll the most popular suggestions for the final selection.

The winning category(ies) will be added to RFC, provided that we can find someone to moderate it/them. Unfortunately, Don and I feel we can't add anymore to our already full load, not to mention that we may not be well versed in the selected topic(s). (By the way, if any of you would be interested in moderating, not just the new addition(s), but any of RFC’s forums, please let us know!)

The authors of the selected suggestions will receive 5 entries in our draw for next month's prizes. (Details to come)

Looking forward to great new forum additions!

Blessings,
Don and Carmella
Old 07-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Swallow

Smile Self Sufficiency

I would really love to see a sub-forum on self sufficiency. It seems that whenever I talk to raw fooders about where their food comes from, the general consensus is that it comes from a store, or co-op, etc. Not from their own garden, or any place that they personally have any firsthand knowledge about. As the world becomes more and more a dangerous place to be, we need to keep ourselves educated and informed about how our forefathers took care of their families and communities. We need to keep the "Old Wisdoms" alive in us so that we can continue to advocate for our chosen way of life. So that when there are transportation issues, supply issues, farming issues, etc, we can at least know that we ourselves would be capable of keeping ourselves, our families and our "friends" in constant supply of fresh, wholesome and vibrant food and sustenance. Something to think about, for sure. Lots of love - Scott
Old 07-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Hatchling

RIGHT ON!!!

I'm all for a self-sufficiency themed sub-forum!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Hey guys,

Actually, you know it's funny as we originally had a Self-Sustainable Lifestyle Forum, for gardening, alternative building, that sort of thing... but then decided to not open it just yet as we felt that we couldn't take on the moderating of that section.

So basically, we'd be open to creating such a space if we had someone with knowledge in that area who would be interested to get involved in this project.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Swallow

Self Sufficiency Sub Forum

I would be happy to moderate it, if that is what is needed. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Mute Swan

Yay!

Carmella and Don, this just keeps getting better and better!!!
Great idea rothamerica, and looking forward too it! I wish I wasn't quite so busy and could help out, maybe next year when the boys are older
We are in a self-help housing program and are totally interested in doing/trying all the things we can afford (and lots we can't of course ) like having an edible yard and rain barrels, oh this is so exciting
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Awesome!

I can't take on the project of creating a new section right now, but will let you know as soon as things slow down a little around here.

In the meantime, you might want to think about what sub-sections you would see within the forum. Like 'Alternative Building Technologies', 'Gardening', etc. These can also be sub-divided as well. Anything is possible so just play around with the idea. Actually, if others would like to help out as well in the brainstorming process, you guys could start a new thread for that purpose!

Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Suggestion Box