Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Any ideas and suggestions about how to improve RFC Forum? Please post them here!

Old 05-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Mute Swan

Activism (Green/Environmental?)

Because we do all have other cares/concerns for the planet and it's inhabitants maybe if there is something like the almond pasturization going on we could have somewhere to post not just the info but a way to be active and cast our vote, like the petition link, so that we don't just get upset, we get ACTIVE!

This forum/thread could/would also be as simple as ppl sharing ideas on how to conserve resources, step lightly etc. but the requirement would be ideas/ways to be PRO-ACTIVE (I am thinking petitions, bulletins/alerts of new info, boycotts, nurse-ins, etc.) as well as simple stuff like using your own shopping bags etc.
To honor the RFC we would need to share info and encourage each other without political rants, raves, debates, or critisim.

School-of-RAWk- I hope you don't feel like I am stepping on your toes here, this has been on my mind since the infamous almond business, and my thought is more along the lines of awareness coupled with group projects, things to join/not join, getting your voice heard/papers signed, etc. Maybe joining our ideas would work too?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Meadowlark

Danny -

I don't think it is stepping on my toes - I am thrilled you are on to this idea, too! But I do think it's probably all one idea. You basically listed to me the same things that I would like to see, we probably just communicated it differently. At any rate, that's great!

Erica
Old 05-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Morning gals!

I see that you are somewhat aligned with this idea for a new forum. Awesome. A possibility would be to have an 'Environment' forum. Then we can add a number of sub-forums underneath. Like, I don't know, 'General Discussion', 'Alternative Fuel', 'Green Living', 'Raising Awareness', etc... Anyway, just throwing ideas but you get the drift.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Meadowlark

Totally. I think FDA would be a good topic....
Old 05-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Mute Swan

Thank you Erica,

You gals are right, enviroment is the overall topic and then the others fall under the same Another topic (sub-topic under enviro) could be animal oriented, the care, rescue, preservation...no?
I am voting for you!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Swallow

Talking Activism (Green/Environmental?)

I want to thank all of you for putting this forum together. I know that I befriended most of you on the rawfood forum, but just now realized that I hadn't gotten around to coming here. OK, big mistake. I love what I see, and want to see more. I'm the type to totally get involved, as the internet is our last technological refuge for activists. I am all for activism in environmental issues, and really don't feel that people have enough information available to make the kinds of choices that would really make a difference. It starts with US, then spreads to the far reaches of our planet. WE can make a difference. So...let's start here! Lots of love - Scott
Old 07-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Meadowlark

What do we call it, overall? A "green" thread?

I can be honest here, I really wanted to see an animal rights thread. Much in the same way that I would have wanted to see an anti-lynch thread 100yrs ago, an anti-holocaust thread during ww2 (in europe) and an anti-slavery thread 200 yeas ago, etc. I think the way animals are lynched, enslaved, mass murdered and worse in our society is hands-down the most pressing topic in the world for the fact that no matter how many people "go raw" or "recycle", we will have no more water, air or land if we don't tune more people on to veganism. The only really "true" vegans are ethical because people otherwise will adapt and change, "not getting" it. I would love to have a thread on transitioning to veganism. It is so disheartening how overlooked this is, to me personally. How can we fawn all over our pets and just not care about the horrors other 4 legged creatures endure?

But it is true that that is one fragment of the picture.

Animal Liberation IS human liberation.

Recycling.
Veganism.
Human Rights (anti-FBA, USDA false advertising, lies, etc)
Sustainable Living
Raw foods.

All of these have to do with one thing: respect for LIFE. For the Earth and ALL of it's inhabitants.

So. What are your thoughts? What do we call the thread, if it happens? The Green Thread? Whuh? Talk to me, people. Tell me my ideas stink or rawk, etc. Be honest. I am.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmella View Post
Morning gals!

I see that you are somewhat aligned with this idea for a new forum. Awesome. A possibility would be to have an 'Environment' forum. Then we can add a number of sub-forums underneath. Like, I don't know, 'General Discussion', 'Alternative Fuel', 'Green Living', 'Raising Awareness', etc... Anyway, just throwing ideas but you get the drift.
Yeah.
Or a Sustainable Living forum,
with threads like:
Sustainable Fuel
Sustainable Lifestyles
Human Rights (FDA, pharmaceuticals, other lies)
Intro To Veganism (this can be vetoed, but I cannot "not" suggest it )

I mean, I finally watched the wal-mart documentary and honestly, sweat-shopped clothes are so abominable. A place to discuss all of these "other" evolved lifestyle choices and to show support for that and to post info to help others would, I think, really make this board above the rest. IMHO, of course (of which I have many, as those who love me know! LOL)
Over and Outtie,
Erica
Old 07-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Finch

Lightbulb Psst....Erica

Hey Erica --

YOU ROCK!! I love your thoughts and ideas on all these subjects. Come help us out in the Suggestion box with the green outline. (Please!!!)

Thanks! I can't wait to see your suggestions!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Swallow

Talking

I would be very interested in th "Intro To Veganism". I really am hoping we can put together a new sub-forum on self sufficiency too.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Vegan Mama View Post
Hey Erica --

YOU ROCK!! I love your thoughts and ideas on all these subjects. Come help us out in the Suggestion box with the green outline. (Please!!!)

Thanks! I can't wait to see your suggestions!
Right on, my sista!
I will totally be over there shortly to throw down wit'choo!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Swallow

HI Erica..it is Elizabeth from RFT..lol

I agree that there is a lot of cognitive dissonance in "our" culture surrounding our relationships with and use of animals!! I have been listening on NPR to coverage of the pit bull fighting scandal and the language the humane society people use in referring to the dogs is interesting...they do not seem to be aware that other "sports" such as horse racing, harm animals, also factory farming, (arguably, any animal husbandry in which the animal is killed) and so on... There is a focus on the human emotional attatchment to "pets," and a condemnation of the violence to dogs on that basis, rather than as a result of recognizing that the animal him/herself has "feeling" or the right to life and peace. Since cows and pigs and chickens are not typically pets, we do not anthropomorphise them. projecting human emotion etc., on them. Even in the mainstream protection of "pet" animals, it seems to me to be more a nod to human sentimentality, and the emotional dependance on pets, rather than a recognition of the animal's inherent worth.

Keep talking about it..writing..and thinking..

I certainly appreciate the input, as I am reading, thinking..meditating..moving towards more clarity on issues of vegetarianism/veganism..etc..
Old 07-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Chickadee

I just wanted to say... the freedom on this forum is amazing...

Wow...

If you don't take care of your body ... where will you live?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Chickadee

I think an animal rights forum is absolutely relevant...

Or maybe an overall human and beings' rights/watchdog forum?

Even a meat-eater can understand why some of the practices our livestock industry employs are not only bad for animals, but poisonous to humans as well.

I try to go easy on meat eaters, since I know we are unlikely to get them to all eat veggie in this lifetime. I save the veggie talk for the more "advanced" conscious carnivores. Until such time as that is possible, I would like to at least see more awareness about improved measures of humane, responsible treatment.

Having grown up with family dairy farms and farmers as a backdrop, I can say that dairy farmers do bond with and love their animals. The gross mistreatment of these animals is a fairly new "development" we can attribute to Big AgriBiz...

Anyway, I digress. I fully support a furry friends watchdog forum. Until we can have a full stoppage of needless consumption, at least we can encourage meaningful harm-reduction
Old 07-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Mute Swan

I agree!
Going to large scale farming has be so detrimental in sooo many ways!! Bring back the family farm!

Well, for that matter it doesn't only apply to farms, the corporate take over if I can call it that, is just bad news...

Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Suggestion Box