Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Natural Pregnancy, Birthing & Parenting > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' General

Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' General Everything from Nutrition, to Postpartum Care & Concerns, including Birthing Alternatives, Birth Plans and Birth Stories.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Meadowlark

A friend needs help....

Ok.... I'm starting this thread not because I am pregnant ( still hoping ) but because of a friend who is in need of help.

Now I'll start by saying that I haven't spoken to my friend in about a year... we both have been busy... but I bumped into her the other day at the store. For sake of the story I will call her "Mimi". Mimi was telling me in brief the troubles her and her husband are having keeping a pregnancy. Apparently, everything is great until the 9th week, when there is no longer a heart beat. It's very sad. She just had her 5th miscarriage.

As it was explained to me, Mimi has a rare condition ( disease ) which causes the blood to stop flowing into the uterus. Now the doctors have her on blood thinners ( very bad ) and have given her no other source of remedy for her "condition". We only talked briefly when we last saw eachother about Raw foods.... don't think she would be that interested.... I'm still hoping to get her off the meat and dairy.

Has anyone else ever heard of this? Does anyone know of anyone else who has suffered from this? I have no experience in this area.......
Old 03-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Meadowlark

OK... I found more information about what exactly she has.

It's called MTHFR and she also had lupus anticoagulant.

Still doing research.... but my brain is going numb.

Anyone familiar with these?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Meadowlark

i can only add i believe that pineapple thins the blood , and cayene pepper improves circulation . and its like every raw enthusiast seems to be saying juicing greens is always a good thing .
Old 03-16-2008, 04:48 AM
Swallow

Have a look at this:

http://junglejanie.com/about/80-10-10excerpt.php
Old 03-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadassah View Post
Unbelievable!!!! Thanks a million Hadassah!!!!!

I've been all through the internet just trying to make some sense. I couldn't believe how many forum there are dedicated to this particular issue.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan roman View Post
i can only add i believe that pineapple thins the blood , and cayene pepper improves circulation . and its like every raw enthusiast seems to be saying juicing greens is always a good thing .
Yes I hear you on that MR... however my friend is NOT a Raw Vegan.... and NOT a vegetarian. I have so much info I want to give her but in a very delicate matter.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:28 AM
Hatchling

1st or 2nd trimester of pregnancy

All right, I just wanted to chat with people that are either in their 1st or 2nd trimester of pregnancy, with stories updates, or any kind of info, symptoms their having. I just want to hear how other people in my same position are. I just want some feedback. Lately Ive been asking questions with few results, Id like to have a lot more people's input it'd just be fantastic. Thank you all for sharing your ideas.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:48 AM
Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliateclark View Post
All right, I just wanted to chat with people that are either in their 1st or 2nd trimester of pregnancy, with stories updates, or any kind of info, symptoms their having. I just want to hear how other people in my same position are. I just want some feedback. Lately Ive been asking questions with few results, Id like to have a lot more people's input it'd just be fantastic. Thank you all for sharing your ideas.
Welcome to RFC! Although I am not pregnant right now, I am a Certified Nurse Midwife and a mother to four purdy little girls

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions that you may have. Also, Jinjee Talifero has an ebook about raw pregnancy and birth that I will see if I can google for you. That may also be what you are looking for.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Hello Juliate, welcome to the fammunity!

I took the liberty of starting a new thread with your post so as to give it more visibility. You can continue the discussion here.

Thanks and hope you find the support and inspiration you need.

Raw blessings,
Carmella
Old 04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Hi Rawleah, I have not much knowledge about blood thinnings and wombs but being the yoga expert that I am - I know of some techniques which may help her strengthen her womb, thus increasing blood flow.

I have googled some for you, but you can google some more for it is 6.15 in the morning and I am still AWAKE!!!!

1.Agni Sara - paragraph 4 line 6, about suggested postures.

2.Yoga and pregnancy.

Another is Vajroli Mudra, I could not find the appropriate link. This is a lock, a little like the Kegel exercise.

I would suggest your friend go to a highly experienced yoga teacher and tell that teacher so she can be accessed. I myself have helped plenty of students help themselves where even doctors could not. For instance a lady how has had migraines for 13 YEARS!!! and she is only 23!! Yup you did the calculations right, she had migraines at age 10!!! When she first came to see me she said she has migraine for 10 years and even doctors cannot help - and I went of course doctors cannot help!! I was shocked to hear that and she was shocked when I told her its because her breathing is not good. She said yes, it is always blocked, either on one nostrils mostly sometimes even both - so yoga helped her!! And plenty other miracles!! But your friend has to find a really experienced yoga teacher!! Or a yoga therapists if there is any in your area.

Miracles can happen through yoga but many other areas can help too... like diet, positive thinking, environment etc. Yoga is not completely the 100% answer do not get me wrong but I can say so for i have helped changed many peoples' lives for the better... my best to your friend.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Meadowlark

Thanks everyone... I will pass along these ideas
Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Swallow

Leah,

Sorry, for being late in seeing and replying to this.

XPosted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadassah View Post
Welcome to RFC! Although I am not pregnant right now.
Juliate,

Ditto with what Hadassah said in her 1st paragraph in her response to you. Well, I never been pregnant or not even married or engage or never been on a date in my life so far. Anyway, from what I learnt and research (will continue) on this subject and etc. I do suggest that you check out Our Bodies, Ourselves, The Boston Women's Health Book Collective and Dr. Maoshing Ni.

Last edited by mybodymyself : 04-06-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Natural Pregnancy, Birthing & Parenting > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' General