Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Economy and Finance In Crisis

Economy and Finance In Crisis Dedicated to successful navigation of the ongoing Global economic transformation and how to avoid/escape financial slavery.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:37 PM
luckitri

Misotrue, thank you for the book recommendation. I love reading history and do not do enough of it and it would be a nice treat for me.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:19 PM
simply_michelle

interesting thread.
i believe in christ as savior. i believe in the bible and it's word as literal. i do NOT believe in religion. i go to an independent baptist church where i live because i have found this particular small church to follow the bible very closely. no unneeded fluff, no unbiblical man-made traditions.

yes, you need to go and find your bible!

everything you need to know is right in there.

i do nothing in my life without God. simply put. i lay everything at his feet every single day. if you believe, that really works. i could tell you personal stories of my life that would give you shivers!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_michelle View Post
i could tell you personal stories of my life that would give you shivers!
I looooove those!!! Reminders of the perfection at work!
Old 04-03-2008, 06:47 AM
simply_michelle

when i have more time later i will share some!
Old 04-06-2008, 06:45 PM
White Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmella View Post
Oh Misotrue!!! You just sent shivers up my spine! I worked with this book back in my uni days. I was majoring in history, specializing in early Irish Church. I couldn't get enough of reading the material pertaining to the Irish monks of that period. Did you know they were the first 'missionaries'? In their eyes, there was no greater renunciation than to renounce their beloved Ireland so they would set themselves adrift in tiny little boats (sorry, can't remember the Irish name for them). I was particularly drawn to St. Columba, who later founded Iona off the coast of Scotland. As it happens, the one place in Ireland where I kept going back to over and over was in Donegal, close to where he lived back in the 6th century.

Anyhoo, so interesting this is resurfacing via this forum after all these years...
Dear Carmella,

I've been reading this particular book, and I'm truly amazed how much of this history I learned and retained from my early parochial education.
You are one fortunate woman to have lived amongst the Irish. Have you read Frank McCourt's-Angela's Ashes? What I love about the Irish is that no matter how tragic their lives are, they always find the silver lining. See this link for yet another hilarious depiction of everyday life in Erin. http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Waking_Ned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHhag...eature=related

Last edited by misotrue : 04-06-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:37 AM
White Bird

You cannot find someone, even if they deserve it, as your enemy and stay Connected with who you are at the same time, because your Source will not take sides like that. No one can stay connected to Source Energy, and push hard against someone else. There are these battles that are fought in the name of "God", and all of these prayers that say, "God is on our side," and we say, god is not on your side, nor is god on the side of those who fight against you. god does not take those sides.

Excerpted from a workshop in Orlando, FL on Saturday, December 15th, 2001

Abraham-Hicks
Old 04-11-2008, 05:57 AM
White Bird

You are all perfect and expanding; you are all adored and worthy; you are all here having your exposure to experiences and doing the best that you can from where you are. You have not been sent here in a test or trial; you’re here as creators as part of an expanding Universe. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t have, at the root of that which you are, Well-Being, and then have that same root of Well-Being have the capacity to pronounce you evil. It is vibrationally impossible. That judging, vengeful God is manufactured from humans’ place of deepest despair.

Excerpted from a workshop in Fort Collins, CO on Saturday, June 19th, 2004

All Is Well

Abraham-Hicks
Old 04-12-2008, 08:45 AM
simply_michelle

That judging, vengeful God is manufactured from humans’ place of deepest despair.

HUH?

God is a God of love and of vengence. The Bible is pretty clear on who God is.
God is like our parents. Loving but firm.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:13 PM
White Bird

This song pretty much sums it up for me regarding religion.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YnE8c_Dd3i8

Last edited by misotrue : 04-12-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:54 PM
White Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_michelle View Post
That judging, vengeful God is manufactured from humans’ place of deepest despair.

HUH?

God is a God of love and of vengence. The Bible is pretty clear on who God is.
God is like our parents. Loving but firm.
Michelle,
What I don't understand is why does everybody "fear" God? I would lay down my life for Him, as He did for me, but I can't recall Him ever wanting us to be "God fearing Christians." I think that man interjected that as a way of controlling the mass population of the Middle Ages. What are your thoughts? Thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by misotrue View Post
Dear Carmella,

I've been reading this particular book, and I'm truly amazed how much of this history I learned and retained from my early parochial education.
You are one fortunate woman to have lived amongst the Irish. Have you read Frank McCourt's-Angela's Ashes? What I love about the Irish is that no matter how tragic their lives are, they always find the silver lining. See this link for yet another hilarious depiction of everyday life in Erin. http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Waking_Ned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHhag...eature=related
Misotrue,

Yes, I feel blessed for having had the opportunity to live there.

Hum, McCourt and Ashes ring a bell although I couldn't say for sure.

Ha ha... Thanks for pointing out to that movie. I watched it a long time ago, but didn't remember the specifics. That bit about the car running into the phone booth was precious!
Old 04-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Ah Angela's Ashes forget reading the book! it lacks the visual, get the movie! and see 'true religion' in action ! I have 'bones' to pick with religion of Angela's Ashes and few other stories !

want to see true religion in action? watch: The "Mission'''' and Rob Roy !! then come and give me religion!

Joz
Old 04-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by misotrue View Post
Michelle,
What I don't understand is why does everybody "fear" God? I would lay down my life for Him, as He did for me, but I can't recall Him ever wanting us to be "God fearing Christians." I think that man interjected that as a way of controlling the mass population of the Middle Ages. What are your thoughts? Thanks
Misotrue - Funny, I was just thinking on this very subject today. Expressions like "God-fearing", "the fear of the Lord", as you know, have been around for ages. It is a word that is used very interchangeably.

Here's a perspective I have found to be helpful:

If you really love someone, it's hard to be afraid of them.

Thus the verse - "Fear has torment, but perfect love casts out fear."

The expression - "The fear of the Lord" appears a lot in the good book, especially in Proverbs. But also in Psalms and a number of other places. It goes like this: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

What that means - It's a lot like love. The great apostle said that love is the greatest of all things.

1 Corinthians 13

1) Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3) And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing...

So it is with wisdom. All the searching, study and insight in the world doesn't amount to much apart from the "fear" of the Lord. Essentially the verse is saying, "This is the beginning of it; this is where it all gets started, as this brings the entire universe and history into perspective.

In many reference columns in the good book, when it comes to this word "fear", it says: literally reverence.

In this context, the word "fear" really means "AWESOME RESPECT" or in other words, our minds becoming utterly blown by His Splendor, His Majesty, His incredible handiwork in creation and intended righteous order for the universe.

To be afraid, scared, frightened - this would be the lowest, most elementary and primitive level of motivation that we know of.. a legalistic motivation known as "the hope of reward and fear of punishment." Taken to the extreme, these would be "threat" and "bribe."

It was always God's intention that mankind progress from the legal to the natural, from fear to love. Thus the verses "the law is fulfilled in Love,"

AND

Galatians 3

24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25) But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

If fear were a cocoon, then Love is the butterfly gloriously released from its base instinct and limited experience to soar above in dominion and grace.

It is really such a beautiful thing.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 04-14-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:58 AM
simply_michelle

I agree with FG. It is actually "huge respect", not fear like shaking in your shoes. BUT, if you are not saved as the bible tells we must be to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, I think I would be shaking in fear when Christ comes again.

I think of my children. They aren't "afraid" of me, that type of fear, but they fear things like the consequences of their actions and such. They do what they are told out of "fear" or "respect" for me. It is the same thing.

Michelle
Old 11-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Hatchling

Wow, this is the first forum that I've joined that even discusses God so freely and without judgmental comments and criticism of other people's belief. I'm impressed.

I agree with simply_michelle and FG, many people's version of who God is has been grossly warped. Knowing God truly and fully is a relationship thing. Has nothing to do with religion. Remember, when Jesus taught on the Sermon of the Mount (Matthew 5), he reminded His disciples and the crowd who came to hear Him (and those that were healed...and of course the curious) that He came to "put away" or "do away with" (quotes are mine) religion/tradition/Old Testament rites and rituals. Some of the Christians you see now is NOWHERE NEAR the Christ that died for mankind.

This God under the New Covenant is the God who wants to be personally known on a deeper spiritual level than just mere religion. The Jesus that came to die for our sins has nothing to do with the Jesus that most religions paint. To truly KNOW God, fully and without preconceived notions, it's as simple as recognizing that in our human carnal state, we can not reach God. We have to recognize that there is something within us that needs a reconciliation with the One that created us. Once we recognize that the need for us to be connected with God is the most important life changing decision we can make; then God imparts His Holy Spirit to lead us into truth and knowing Jesus Christ on a deeper spiritual level.

1. Repent of your sins
2. Ask Jesus to come into your heart/ believe (in) Jesus Christ
3. Eat the Word, daily (aka "Read Your Bible")
4. Pray, consistently (taking to God...yes talking)
5. Prepare your heart for the Holy Spirit to take up residence (steps 1 to 4)
6. Share your faith
7. Fasting
8. Spending some quality time in a quiet place seeking God's will
9. Praying/ Interceding for others (both saved and unsaved)
10. Daily repentance (this is keeping your heart clean from the daily humanness...the bad thoughts, the bad deeds, etc. etc.)
11. Recognizing we are flesh and we can't do it by ourselves
12. Fellowship with God-minded persons (true, real persons of integrity)

This isn't a complete to-do list, but it's a starting point for those who want to know the difference between true relationship and religion. If you seriously want to know who God is, it's up to the INDIVIDUAL to go seeking. Once you seek in truth for the answer, God will assist you in finding Him. He looks daily for those hearts that look for Him, so He's not too far away if you want to truly know Him. And I'm happy to say God isn't exclusively for pastors, priests, rabbis, etc. - anyone who wants God can have access to Him. If you're relying on one single man or woman to lead you there, or one single denomination or sect, then you'll fall into religion (vs. relationship.)

God's blessings on all!

Raw Freedom Community > Economy and Finance In Crisis