Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General

Raw Food Preparation - General Share and learn about raw food prep, ingredients, recipes and tips.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Ah Aisah: having a case of 'confusious' itis is fun! but Andy Williams' Love Story song???????? for a hint hing? you are suffering from a bigger case of 'itis' than imaginable ! and then you say : QuoteI need 'some help in finding 'him'.... plus this is the Raw Food Preparation thread...Quote.

remember? dodo confuscious # 3 ??? you got to set us 'straight'

soooooooooooooo is the answer here:::::http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/Waldorf_Salad.htm

need 'some help in finding 'him'.... plus this is the Raw Food Preparation thread.... THE RECIPE IS INCLUDED ! LOL Dodo # 1
Old 03-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawbie View Post
The only thing I could think of is Waldorf Salad, but the problem is that you can't have a steamy, passionate and torrid love affair with a bowl of salad just the way you described in your first post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches4Ever View Post
This was my first guess, too, Rawbie. Who knows? If we can have rollin' on the floor in ecstasy - better'n'sex raw cake mouth-gasms.... why not a steamy, passionate, torrid love affair with a great bowl of salad?

Sounds plausible to me

Peaches
...... kneeling down... palms in prayer position.... head hang down in humbleness....

Thank you God for shedding but some light unto my dear raw friends....

...... brushed and picked herself back up.... turning to Rawbie & Peaches....

YES!!! YES!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!! *see the excitement??*

Mr Waldorf is but Mr Waldorf Salad!!! This is true experience! Being an Asian, Mr Waldorf Salad *think he originates from the States* was introduced to me at a much later age.... when I was in my mid-twenties by a lady friend. When she first introduced him to me in her kitchen.... I was not expecting anytime much... but the very first time Mr Waldorf touch my lips and went beyond.... he reached me in all sense in all parts of my body!!! I almost groaned and my eyes rolled.... but I had to keep it discreet for I had to maintain my dignity with my friend around in the kitchen. She asked, so how do you like it? I went cool-ly... okay... its okay.... by God's grace the phone rang and she scurried off the kitchen I almost fainted there gasping for air and fanning myself....

Mr Waldorf Salad... a plain ole' simple salad could do THAT to me!!! Obviously I asked, cool-ly, for the recipe making sure I was not sounding desperate and I left straight for the supermarket to purchase the ingredients!! Boy it was simple but oh boy oh boy oh my.... the crunchy sweetness of the apples... bursting upon the crunch of my teeth... the freshness of celery cut out into beautiful small C.... the plump raisins!! And not forgetting the walnut!! Its simple buuuut now I could not use mayonaise so I thought I had to bid him farewell forever buuuut now... aha!! Thank you very very much Rawbie!!! Now I can start groaning all over again.... eating in the mid-afternoon... this is oh so refreshing... thank you!! Now I can re-live my Original Sin with Mr Waldorf....

I hope you guys are not disappointed that it turned out to be FOOD!! But hey, food can result in sensuality you know... have you ever had a mango... not just any other mango but really sweet luscious juicy mango and the way you connect and devour it plays an important part too you know... I had an affair with Mr Mango Tango... one too many affairs too... I had fun with him in the bathtub *this is also true - Raw Jewelry knows of this *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawbie View Post
What do you think our prize is for coming up with a correct answer?
Wayne
ermm... prize?? ermm... well I can make this and report to you?? How is that

Appreciate it you guys!! Thank you for participating in a lovely turn-around direct question into a game play hee hee... thanks for the fun and you, yes you Mr Waldorf... you and me.... just wait and see....
Old 03-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyjoz View Post
Ah Aisah: having a case of 'confusious' itis is fun! but Andy Williams' Love Story song???????? for a hint hing? you are suffering from a bigger case of 'itis' than imaginable ! and then you say : QuoteI need 'some help in finding 'him'.... plus this is the Raw Food Preparation thread...Quote.

remember? dodo confuscious # 3 ??? you got to set us 'straight'

soooooooooooooo is the answer here:::::http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/Waldorf_Salad.htm

need 'some help in finding 'him'.... plus this is the Raw Food Preparation thread.... THE RECIPE IS INCLUDED ! LOL Dodo # 1
Ah Thank You Jozzie!!! Yes!! Yes!! Mr Waldorf is the Salad Man.... what can I say... I mean.. where do I begin... hee hee....

Thanks for the link Jozzie but Rawbie gave a raw version. Mr Waldorf loves to be smeared in mayonaise prior to me devouring him but since I do not play mayo no more so I have not had Mr Waldorf since a long time....

Thank you for playing along you guys.... thank you for painting more characters unto Mr Waldorf.... and to an otherwise mundane pure monotonous Q&A life

love love ~ a
xx
Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Quetzal

WOW!
I think I'll have to make one for myself tonight... for now I have a whole new way to look at, taste and appreciate the simple, so familiar yet delicious Mr Waldorf Salad.

Thank you, Aisah! It was fun.

Hey Rawbie

Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Rawbie

More raw Waldorf Salad recipes for you, aisah!

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDEaCWUOLVI

2) http://goneraw.com/recipes/1088-Wald...ond-Mayonnaise

3) Classically Raw Waldorf Salad

Fall is officially here! While grazing the farmer’s market stands, one can find prefect ingredients for a seasonal treat! Each ingredient like all raw recipes, offer radiant health! Juicy grapes plump with magnesium, gorgeous apples that Lower blood cholesterol, raisins that promote healthy gums, crisp walnuts abundant in omega 3s, and crunchy celery bursting with Vitamin K and very hydrating to the body.

Rumor has it that the Original Waldorf salad was Created at New York’s Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in 1896 the maître d’hôtel, (dining room manager) Oscar Tschirky. The salad was such a success….it’ is enjoyed today!

The original version of this salad contained only apples, celery and mayonnaise on a bed of greens. Chopped walnuts later became an integral part of the dish.

Classically Raw Waldorf Salad (Serves 2-5)

3 crisp green apples chopped
3 celery sticks finely chopped
1 c soaked black raisins
1 c ripe red grapes
1 c walnuts halves or coarsely chopped
½ lemon juiced
Sweet raw mayo to taste (apxt ½ c)

Toss all ingredients. Serve in a butter lettuce cup or on top of a bed of greens. Sprinkle with black pepper.

Garnish with carrot ribbon or purple cabbage finely shredded.

Sweet Raw Mayo

3/4 c cashews (about 1 ¾ c - after soaking)
½ c pure water + 2 TB
1 1/2 TB agave
Pinch Salt

Blend till smooth.

Recipes are created by Sweet Melissa “Mango”, Owner and Chef of Terra Bella Café and The Good Witches’ Bay-Cure-y. For Gourmet Raw Catering, demos or Personal Chef Services contact Melissa@TerraBellacafe.com or see menu online at http://www.terrabellacafe.com/menu.html

Last edited by Rawbie : 03-27-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Rawbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches4Ever View Post
Hey Rawbie

Very cute! Thanks, Peaches, for the prize!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Hey you guys thank you sooooo much!! Rawbie especially you!! Thanks for the many recipes - now you got me too many to choose from, which would you, instinctively think would be a good raw mayo recipe??

Wow never knew Mr Waldorf was thaaaaat good for me!!! Wow that man.... phew!! What can I say.... *fanning herself as she had her flashbacks*... funny you mentioned hotel... when I asked my girlfriend back home in Singapore, I went, 'J, when I mention Waldorf, what comes to your mind?' she replied, 'Hotel?'... so now I know I can tell her this info.

Thank you you guys..... I am coming closer to him.... hmmmmm he is sooooo yummy!!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

That is cute Peaches.... sorry you guys I have no fancy smancy icons/pictures to share but just words.... plain ole words
Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Quetzal

Wayne surely deserves it for all his efforts.

Your words are beautiful Sweety Tweety Tiger Twin... not plain at all.

And I can't wait to hear your description of ecstacy cake and cool but torrid Waldorf....

Muah, Muah,
Peaches

Last edited by Peaches4Ever : 03-27-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Rawbie

Hey aisah!

Have you thought about becoming an author?

You surely have a knack for writing steamy, torrid and ahem, erotic scenes. I am not joking at all. I am totally impressed with the way you express yourself in writing. Your writing style is very realistic. Many of your scenarios are completely absorbiing and entertaining!

Keep on writing!

Wayne
Old 03-27-2008, 11:30 AM
White Bird

aisah~~~here are lyrics to a song by Canadian/singer/songwriter/ Bruce Cockburn. He must have had you in mind when he wrote it.

-- Mango --
released 1999

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found on:

Breakfast in New Orleans, Dinner in Timbuktu (1999)
Lyrics:

She's got a mango in the garden - sweet as can be
She's got a mango in the garden - full of mystery
She's got a mango in the garden - from the original tree
She's got a mango in the garden - shares it with me

Humid gleaming precious well
Love to drink that water
Parallel worlds when the sun goes down
The atmosphere grows hotter

I slip through the glistening gate
Tide began to pound
Tears of light poured over me
And ricocheted all around

It's a kind of anthem to female sexuality and an attempt to offset all the garbage that's been sung by males on that subject with something respectful. Too bad I can't find a link to a youtube performance by Bruce. I've seen him in concert twice, and have listened to his music since the late 70's. Here is another one of his hits that I hold near and dear to my heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Cib...eature=related
Old 03-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Hi Peaches and Rawbie, thank you for appreciating my writings. I love to write. Love love to pen down my utmost wild imaginations! And its not limited to just erotic scenes my dear Rawbie - I have written love poems where I was told I would touch lots of people's hearts so to get it out in prints. Then I had one particular student who kept my sms-es because she loves to read what I told here - mainly lessons in life. To not forget, English is not her first language.

Yes Rawbie, writing a book is my dream. It is yet to be manifested. Only problem I have too many ideas could not focus on just one

Misotrue, that is sooooo cute. I wish I could say ya he wrote it while I was sitting pretty in his head but that is nice - thank you for sharing.

And oh, I sourced this out, Mr Mango Tango.... enjoy

xx
Old 03-27-2008, 04:34 PM

misotrue: now we'll have Path to blow his horn to those lyrics for mango/tango girl in 't'ween city ! ha! Joz
Old 03-27-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisah View Post
And oh, I sourced this out, Mr Mango Tango.... enjoy

xx
Yah! post # 14 go figure !
Old 03-28-2008, 12:27 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyjoz View Post
Yah! post # 14 go figure !
#16.... #19 & #23 case my dear Dodo misses page 2!!

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General