Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'

Living 'In The Raw' The place to discuss All-Things-Raw! From transitioning to the Raw Food Diet, to equipment, special techniques and more.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
Joz! That looks so cool... would it be so different from skin brushing with a coarse-bristled skin brush?? I use the same brush for my face and body, even though at first that seemed harsh... But I'd be willing to try this thing if it's very different from that... Seems interesting!
Eva: The Roller is so completely different!

I have body brush, then Tonyas face brush and the roller! It does a different face 'blood' stimulation! I can't leave home without it !.

Joz
Old 04-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Jozzie!!! You're back!!!

Quote:
* Limit your time on the computer. We all love RFT and RFC , but we are made to have a life away from the computer screen sometimes!
Ha ha... I had somehow missed that one! lol

Eva, I also remembered that I've also noticed that salt intake makes a big difference as well; the less salt, the smoother the skin.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Meadowlark

Joz -- So funny how many gadgets and routines we (I/You/Many people??) can end up with when going more natural! I have my coconut oil, sesame oil, a skin brush for in the shower, out of the shower, have been using honey, castor oil and brown sugar on my face... But this thing looks neat!!

Would you mind describing how it is different from the skin brush and when/how you use it??
Old 04-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Meadowlark

Carmella -- Is that ALL salt or just the white/gray/pink stuff we add to food? (i.e. Does that included celery and seaweed, other natural stuff?)

I am going lighter on the salt, and my skin is unBELIEVABLY soft -- but I also use the skin brush and exfoliate, so who knows why at this point!?
Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Eva,

I hear you. There comes a point where you can't really know for sure what does what!

OK, about salt, the reason I was able to notice it so distinctly was that Don and I have spent a few summers eating just fruits. Whenever I've done that, there always comes a time when I feel/crave something more savory so one summer, we decided to start introducing very simple soups for dinner; mostly veggies that are considered 'fruits' anyways because of their seeds, such as cucumber, zucchini, tomato and avo. We would flavor these with either miso or seaweed. I noticed how my skin started loosing some of its baby-like softness then (no doubt that salt would have been even more noticeable, imo). Hum, I wouldn't think celery would do the same thing but I don't know for sure.

Based on this experience and for other reasons, we have lowered our salt intake a great deal, especially the salt in granules as 'flowing agents' (read BAD stuff!) are used in order to make the granules flow through the pipes during packaging/manufacturing. The thing is that, by law, they are not required to mention that these flowing agents are being used so if it isn't mentioned, it is safe to assume that they were.

For our part, we use 'Real salt' or organic wheat-free tamari (I know, not raw, but hey! *shrug*) in most recipes, and we break up seaweed (mostly kelp and nori) in our daily soups.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmella View Post
Jozzie!!! You're back!!!

I had a great time! did not take too much food, did not take my cell phone, no PUTER & RFC !!!!! imagine that?

walked the beach IT WAS A PERFECT COAST WEATHER !!! 78º no fog no wind just low tide and walking in cold cold water; Some older man all bundled up and in shoes asked me ''''how are your feet'''' I said cold but sooooooooooo good for circulation !! he laughed at me!

then we got to my friends house, I zonked out !!!!!!!!!!!!! wow !!!!!!!!!Today we visited a while, then took off to the beach again! Fog was coming in and was somewhat windy, super great for deep breathing fresh air ! Natural Therapy !

o.k. o.k. back to skin, brushes etc! Joz
Old 04-13-2008, 09:28 PM

Eva; ah; skin brushing they say should be done on dry sking (not in the shower?? wet???)

when I brush my face, it sort of feels like scrubbing a slight burning! with the brush I use it whenever and it gives me a '''tingling'''' not when you'r doing it -- after !!!!!!!! don't press too hard !!!!!!!! those are real 'nails' !

you say: my coconut oil, sesame oil, a skin brush for in the shower, out of the shower, have been using honey, castor oil and brown sugar on my face...

get Tonya's 'cream' you won't have to use any of the above; coconut oil, sesame oil, honey, castor oil, brown sugar !!!!!!!!!!!!!! just one delicious smelling cream, not greasy, and the jar goes a long way !!!!!!!!!!!!! ummmmmmmmmmm!

Joz

Last edited by wyjoz : 04-13-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Meadowlark

Joz -- You really love this woman's stuff! Is the cream for moisture or what?? I really just want my scars to be gone and to never ever ever get pimples. hahaha, not asking too much, right?

My skin is soooo soft and has moisture but is not oily or dry... So the no "real" face wash and myriad of creams and internal remedies is working pretty well but sheesh I have a pimple on my cheek today. Just one. But ick.

The honey/sugar is just a treat for here and there. The coconut is for my legs and body skin. The sesame oil is for oil pulling only... So I guess it's just the castor oil I'm using for face wash. And that's just an experiment. I just started that .... hmmm, wonder if THAT's the reason I have the pimple!

Too funny. Ah well. Don't let me complain too much -- I do feel beautiful in my own skin these days. The hunt for perfect skin probably stems from the frustration to have perfect skin until my 20s -- to have an easy puberty -- then deal with bad skin after it's over!

And the skin brush in the shower is plastic and made for the shower -- but it doesn't feel as nice as the other one. I may actually start using it to clean the shower. haha.

Oh my. Must. Stop. Thinking. About. My. Skin!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:19 AM

She designed the 'moisture' cream herself! It's awesome ! I trully trully WANNA LOOK LIKE HER !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

She just came out with a mask !!! I told Tonya when she was designing the cream; that I'm too old to do anything anymore and probably will not get into it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha !!!!!!!!! guess what????I'm using it, loving it, it does not feel like I got cream on! and

and and everyone that I know is now on the cream ! and has the brush and and and you guessed it !!!!!!!!!! has the rolling nails !!!!!!!!!

what more can I say?

xoxoxo Joz
Old 06-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Meadowlark

OK Joz... I got the rolling bed of pins/nails in the mail today. And I have the mask on right now. I dig 'em both. I really do. I'm going to start using the two of them regularly, see what happens.

My skin IS feeling FanTASTIC these days, though. I just want to keep it up.

OK -- Stopped writing to remove the mask. Love it! The cream? I dunno. Smells good, but it made my skin feel oily. I think I'll send it to my mom. She might appreciate it more.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:10 PM

[quote=Eva;36916]OK Joz... I got the rolling bed of pins/nails in the mail today.

The cream? I dunno. Smells good, but it made my skin feel oily. QUOTE]

Give it a try for a little time; The 'oily' does not feel oily unless you have very oily skin???

After a few minutes it does not feel oily at all ! Hmmmmm?

SO SHE GOT THE BED OF NAILS AND SHE'LL ROLL ROLL ROL AWAY !

I love love mine! doing it right now ! several times a day! Have fun?

Joz
Old 06-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Meadowlark

Naw -- I really don't use moisturizer, but my skin is usually neither oily nor dry. It just is, and it's really soft. This made is shiny and feel sort of heavy and stuffed... But the mask, ah the mask. I'm in love with the way that made my skin feel!

I think this may be a sort of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing. I'm going to send the cream to my mom, and I'm SURE she'll absolutely love it.

And yeah -- I've used the rolling pins twice today. It is kind of fun!
Old 06-02-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
But the mask, ah the mask. I'm in love with the way that made my skin feel!

AH THE MASK! I ORDERED SOME; HAD TO FINISH TWO OTHER KINDS I TRIED, SO WAITED ON TONYAS !

And yeah -- I've used the rolling pins twice today. It is kind of fun!
AH TO ROLLING PINS GOING ON MY 4TH TIME TODAY ! IT'S FUN !

HEHEH: LAST WEEK I SOLD TWO ROLLING PINS TO MY FIRENDS! THEY LOVE IT !

Joz
Old 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM

P.S. go gently under the eyes??? and ah don't forget the 'lips' for luscious red red natural colored lips !
Old 06-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Chickadee

Wow!!! Such great ideas for good skin.

I'm amazed at my skin and how it's changed since I started eating raw 21 months ago and this is coming from a person who's had oily skin and breakouts her whole life...my skin started to change within two weeks of eating raw and continues to get better...what's weird now though is the better it gets the better I want to take care of it when back when it was icky I can't say I did too much so maybe if I'd tried harder back then???? Nah, it's so nice I wanna keep it nice.

I've been doing pretty basic things, one cleaning my face before I go to bed...I clean it with sesame seed oil and just wipe it off, no soap. Then I put either aloe vera, right from the plant on or on other nights I put glycerine on and that feels great!! That's it. Oh, and I started dry brushing my face and that feels good...it is hard to tell what is actually making the changes in my face besides the raw food and zero processed, I do know the raw was the first big change. Oh, I've been oil pulling for a long time now, too. All good stuff!!!

I'm gonna get to see Tonya Zavasta this month and can hardly wait..I'm hoping she'll have The Rolling Bed of Pins with her for sale...Joz, I believe you, it sounds great.

Elaine

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'