Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Entrees and Main Courses - General

Old 07-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Meadowlark

Bugger, I really want to make this but do not have any walnuts. I saw them last week at the HFS close to me, but now they're out and will not have more for 1-2 weeks. I even went to two other stores, but no luck. I did get some other goodies, though!

I keep hearing how divine this recipe is... Do ya'll still think it would be equally divine with sunflower seeds?? I can always wait a week or two and make other things in the meantime!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Hatchling

I made these last night and they were so freakishly amazing! Freakish because the taste is so much greater than the sum of its parts! Something happens to those walnuts after they're soaked and combined with everything else - it's incredible.

I chopped the onions and jalapenos and combined them with the shoyu and the rest of the seasonings first. Then I made Avocado Fries (OMG, YUM!), and then I processed the walnuts and sundried tomatoes and added them to the rest of the ingredients. All that marinating time made the onions soft and very tasty.

I used salt-free Spike as Carmella suggested and it was perfect!

Eva, the walnuts create a very meaty texture that might not be achieved with sunflower seeds, although the resulting pate would still probably taste wonderful!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:07 AM
Meadowlark

They are #1!

www.pamstriker.com
Old 08-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Swallow

All I have to say is that these are INCREDIBLE!!! The whole family went crazy over them!
Old 08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Swallow

Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyjoz View Post
I have tried several 'burger' recipes and 'honest' have yet fo find one!

This sounds interesting, the Jalapeno might?? do the trick?

Joz
I think the secret is adding some parsley. For me, parsely and onion means hamburger. I made Carmella´s version and loved it.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Mmmm... Parsley sounds good. I have all the ingredients and will be making these again in the coming days. Yay! I'm just patiently waiting for my stomach to be able to take nuts and spiciness again.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Swallow

I have these in the dehydrator right now and they smell SO good!

I gave my sister all of my SAD food and cleared out the place..lol..just a few little stragglers.. so i was happy to find the ingredients for these burgers, and cannot wait to try them! The nibbles I took during prep tasted yummy, for sure.. :-)
Old 01-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Swallow

yumm...

Yeah! They finished dehydrating, and are very good..

I do love these and will use this recipe again, I am sure.. but, they seemed a bit salty to me, and I did not even use all the salt the recipe called for..

I used about 3/4 a decent-sized jalapeno and was surprised they were not spicier..just enough bite for me!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:11 AM
Hatchling

I've made these twice. The second time I added some sunflower seeds and more veggies (some celery and green and red pepper) and they were just as good. These are one of my favs!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

I just made these a couple of days ago. Soooooo darn good and simple to boot! A true winner!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:59 AM
Hatchling

I made these a few days ago for my birthday party and everyone loved them!! The next day I crumbled them up and added them to some broccoli mixed with a little oil, lemon juice, salt, and cumin. It was really good! Add some tomatoes and it would be perfect.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Meadowlark

OK... I think I know what's for dinner
I made kelp noodles with a mock peanut sauce for lunch and my husband didn't like it at all (but I did)
He agreed to go raw for 2 weeks, but very reluctantly. Good things I had made Turtle Fudge balls for Raw Revolution, at least he liked the dessert.

I'll make this with a big salad and report back!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
OK... I think I know what's for dinner
I made kelp noodles with a mock peanut sauce for lunch and my husband didn't like it at all (but I did)
He agreed to go raw for 2 weeks, but very reluctantly. Good things I had made Turtle Fudge balls for Raw Revolution, at least he liked the dessert.

I'll make this with a big salad and report back!
Velvet, these burgers are very good. My super picky husband liked these and he's not too keen on raw mock burgers. I will say they are a bit salty (for me anyhow). Next time I might cut back on the nama shoyu and the spike. The onions were fine and I used 3/4 of a jalapeno (could have used the whole thing!)

I know the feeling of liking something while my husband gives me the thumbs down.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Meadowlark

It's so hard! I think it will have to be burgers and sumptuous salads for a while. Then, I'll try wraps and nori rolls. And then pizza... He promised to go raw for 2 weeks (which reminds me! I have to check your blog!! ) but we're going to Texas in a week and I know he's going to eat cooked. Oh well, June is Produce Season, it's OK. He can do it then, and I'll be better prepared too.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
It's so hard! I think it will have to be burgers and sumptuous salads for a while. Then, I'll try wraps and nori rolls. And then pizza... He promised to go raw for 2 weeks (which reminds me! I have to check your blog!! ) but we're going to Texas in a week and I know he's going to eat cooked. Oh well, June is Produce Season, it's OK. He can do it then, and I'll be better prepared too.
A few weeks ago my husband decided to go raw for 30 days! After a couple days we both had a bit of an 'event' (spare ya the gory details as we both had a strange stomach virus or possibly food poisoning . No, it wasn't the swine flu And that completely derailed my hubby's raw journey.) But he has agreed to try it again in the near future.

I'm still going to be working on simpler more practical recipes that I can feed Scott during the work week and maybe slowly ease his way into the raw food thing for a while. At least he's still eating cooked vegan meat subs which is fine with me.

Keep us updated on how your husband does, Velvet. I'd love to know what recipes he enjoys

Have a great weekend. I'm on east coast time so I can slip out of the office and start my weekend in a few mins! Yay!

Cheers!
Joyce

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Entrees and Main Courses - General