Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Forum Announcements and Support

Old 05-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Hummingbirds - Caretakers

Reflecting on One Year of Fammunity

Hello lovelies!

Hard to believe it's already been a year since Don and I launched RFC. What a radical shift it has brought into our lives!

As you know, RFC has always been an 'affair of the heart' for us, but we must admit it was also a bit of a selfish venture too. We wanted to have a safe, relaxed and cozy place where we could freely and openly share our knowledge and experiences, regardless of percentages, approaches or specific dogmas. Through the months, RFC has been such a haven, but it has also evolved into way more than 'just another raw food forum'; it has become a space where we can hang out with friends and exchange about whatever is up for us, the good and the bad, trusting that we will be heard and get the support that we need.

Last time we checked, we had some 805 members. Wowsers! This is way beyond anything we could have ever imagined! *shaking our heads* As we've said before, to put this resource out there for a single person would have made it worthwhile in our eyes.

From the get go, RFC has distinguished itself by its unusual approach to moderation/caretaking, not systematically removing challenging and controversial posts/threads, but by inviting everyone to practice self-moderation, keeping the highest good of the community at heart. It hasn't always been easy - such freedom can be a double edge sword at times - but we trust that we have all learned and grown in the process.

We've done it, folks! In this short time, we've managed to achieve what few online communities have: to create a real sense of companionship and cooperation; a 'fammunity' as Anabbytree so rightly put it.

And more importantly, RFC couldn't be what it is if it wasn't for all of you! THANK YOU!!!

Here's to another year of quality information, crazy humor, unconditional support, growing friendships and inspiring raw creations!

Raw blessings,
Don & Carmella

Last edited by Don and Carmella : 05-20-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Meadowlark

A privilege

Thank you Don & Carmella for such a unique place where we can come together and explore Love. And may this Love continue to be the heart and pulse that motivates and draws us together in deep cooperation, and in mutual support for radical health. It has been a privilege to be a part of what we call our Fam-Unity.

~fg~

Last edited by FirstGarden : 05-20-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Quetzal

Thumbs up

Here's to you, Don and Carmella...

Your loving acceptance and gentle guidance has been the anchor and strength of this community. Along with the wisdom, knowledge and experience all the members bring to this forum, making it IMHO

THE BEST ONLINE COMMUNITY EVER

Thank you for creating such a wonderful cyber home
AND
Thank you to all the wonderful people who make up this RFC "Fammunity"
Hats off to you all !!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Thank you for creating such a wonderful cyber home

A 'NEST' FOR MUMBO JUMBO DODO BIRD A PLACE WHERE IT WAS/IS FUN TO BE!

In the beginning; I wrote to Carmi and told her I'll join BUT I hate to write/post! She said that's o.k. and now look at me ! Cozy in my 'big' 'nest' ; after Carmi I m the biggest 'poster' ! 2,776 posts! How I'v changed ! It's because I had FUN !

It's a pleasure to be part of this 'fammunity' Blessings to Carmi & Don and Thank You !

xoxoxo J Oz zzzzzzzzzzie
Old 05-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Meadowlark

Hear....Hear!!! Blessings to Don and Carmi!

Thank you so much for creating a warm and friendly space!

Love to you both!

www.pamstriker.com
Old 05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Meadowlark

So true. This is such a wealth of community and information!

I'm so glad LightLover tipped me off about this place "secretly" through RFT.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:56 PM
White Bird

RFC is a special little place to come home to whether it's morning or night. It's a favorite cyber cafe for me where I am among friends, and can indulge in raw recipes, jokes, financial speculating and most anything anyone is willing to devulge.
I'm thrilled I was introduced to RFC by Firstgarden, and I'm looking forward to intergrating more rawness into my everyday life. Thanks Cami and Don for hosting such a celebrated forum.

and..............Happy Birthday, Don!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:10 PM
luckitri

Yes Yes and Yes to all of the above. RFC is a refuge of sanity in an insane world. And a safe zone.

And Yes - Happy Birthday to the Don!

(Father of the Fammunity )
Old 05-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

What more can I say but great huge thanks to Carmi and Don for putting up RFC where we can all go run around naked!!!..... ah! no...! I should not be saying that?? No what I meant was 'run around naked'... be open and honest... what were you thinking?? Or was someone running around naked here??

Yes so RFC is a beautiful warm and cozy place to just be out in the raw or naked whichever suits you.... thank you for such a wonderful nest you have built here Carmi and Don....

My gratitude runneth deep

xxoo
Old 05-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Chickadee

I love the Freedom. The love. The openness. The people. The food. The way of life.

Thanks to everyone for making this what it is.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:58 AM
Meadowlark

I am still as happy with this 1-year relation as on the first day.

LL
Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Toucan - Caretaker

I simply have no words to describe, what RFC brought into my life in the past year. But I have to admit, it filled my life with hope. Hope for a better, cleaner life, and a hope that I'm not alone. I have friends.
Thank you.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:21 AM
White Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisah View Post
What more can I say but great huge thanks to Carmi and Don for putting up RFC where we can all go run around naked!!!..... ah! no...! I should not be saying that?? No what I meant was 'run around naked'... be open and honest... what were you thinking?? Or was someone running around naked here??

Yes so RFC is a beautiful warm and cozy place to just be out in the raw or naked whichever suits you.... thank you for such a wonderful nest you have built here Carmi and Don....

My gratitude runneth deep

xxoo
aisah,

Do you mean your birthday suit??? hehehe
Old 05-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Thank you all... You're making my heart sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstGarden View Post
It has been a privilege to be a part of what we call our Fam-Unity.
~fg~
"Fam-Unity"... I like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckitri View Post
RFC is a refuge of sanity in an insane world.
This is how we look at the way we conduct our lives in general... A safe haven from the 'Matrix' (those of you who have seen the movie will know what I mean. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisah View Post
He he... As usual, you're tapping into a deep truth, dear Tweety. I/we feel that 'nakedness' is symbolic of one being completely honest and trusting. Having said that, we will be running around naked all summer, but I guess that's a different story.

Feathery

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

To You All!!!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckitri View Post
And Yes - Happy Birthday to the Don!
(Father of the Fammunity )
Luckitri - that was funny.
"The Don" - I like that.
Would that be the Godfather of RFC?

We may have a new one here.

And we've had Don Juan, Don Corleone.. pray tell, who is The great Don from beautiful B.C.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmella View Post
A safe haven from the 'Matrix' (those of you who have seen the movie will know what I mean. )
We're on a roll here with movies. The Godfather and The Matrix.

And yes, perhaps we have extricated ourselves from the Matrix.

Aisah - I think the idea of meeting without "clothes" is deep. The clothing of giftings, circumstance and other attachments that we have. It is nice meeting heart to heart.. soul to soul.

Michael Savage calls it psychological nudity - similar but not exactly the same. I can take about 10 minutes of him, then off to another station I go. I do like Independents, but ughhhh! lol. Gotta be careful. I don't wanna get Misotrue started.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 05-21-2008 at 12:55 PM.

Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Forum Announcements and Support