Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Natural Pregnancy, Birthing & Parenting > Attachment Parenting > Attachment Parenting General

Old 06-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Finch

Question What is your Favorite Carrier?

I admit it -- I am addicted to Baby Carriers. I have bought many, but I never seem to have enough. (I am currently in the market for a mesh water carrier for the beach/pool)

When the kids are true infants (6 months & under), I love using my NoJo Sling and New Native Carrier .

As my kids have grown and started to squirm and grab at things when I walk past, I have found I love my Ergo Carrier the best. I wear the toddler on the back and will wear the baby on the front (not at the same time!). I usually wait until 1 year to wear them on the back with this carrier, but that is just me.

I had to pear down my stash, and currently only have the Ergo and New Native. They are the most comfortable. I have regreted many purchases, even the Baby Bjorn -- I thought it was much better that the generic version I borrowed from my SIL as far as comfort goes, however, it really ended up hurting my back and shoulders. My husband experienced the same thing.

The only carrier that never has hurt me is the Ergo.

What is your Favorite (or least Favorite) carrier & why?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Mute Swan

Ergo gets my vote too!

When my first son was born my Mom made me a simple pouch sling that was an absolute blessing, loved it. However, my son grew so fast and was so big in comparison to my light frame that it soon was uncomfortable, so we got a padded ring sling. It was useful but I regret getting it as it still hurt my shoulders. I remember thinking I would get used to it and it would get better but I never could use it for more than 20 mins or my neck/shoulder area would ache
Then we found the Ergo, love it, never hurts, super comfy, easy, and cosy. The only draw back to me is that you can't wear the baby in the front facing out.
I started putting my 8 month baby in it just in the last month as I think he can comfortably straddle my waist now

I even wore him in the Ergo to go bike riding, fun!!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:15 AM
Finch

Talking Oh yeah...

Quote:
The only draw back to me is that you can't wear the baby in the front facing out.
Yes -- that is so true! I forgot about that! The Ergo does have a downfall!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Swallow

Ergo is my favorite too.

We often use our Baby Bjorn in the first few weeks but I prefer the Ergo. Especially if you buy the infant insert. Then you can use it from the beginning.

Even our three year old likes to still ride in it. (We have two...makes shopping much easier if we both wear one of the little kids)

Tracy

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Natural Pregnancy, Birthing & Parenting > Attachment Parenting > Attachment Parenting General