Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Kids On Raw > Kids on Raw General

Kids on Raw General Nutritional Corner, Kid Approved Recipes, Creative Kitchen Ideas, Social Challenges and More!

Old 07-10-2008, 05:19 AM
Swallow

Kombucha Kid

I have a 2.5 year old who LOVES LOVES Kombucha and always drinks half of mine when I open it. He calls it "fuzzy juice." It has concerned me, his apparent draw to this beverage and that it has a small amount of alcohol in it from the fermentation. Does anyone thing this is something to be concerned about?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Hatchling

Kombucha for kids

my 19 month old son loves kombucha as well.

I personally don't think that the very little amount that is found in the bottle is going to do much harm. Keep in mind that he isn't drinking the whole bottle, and the whole bottle doesn't have much to begin with. Besides that all the amazing health benefits that you get from kombucha and other fermented foods truly out weight the risk of such small amounts of natural alcohol due to the fermentation. Very little is present.

Also keep in mind that your child is rare in that he has a very healthy diet and lifestyle, so his body will readily be able to detoxify from the little amounts of alcohol that might be present in it.

I personally, think it is fine, and actually wish more parents saw the benefits of kombucha for their children. It is something that I recommend for children as a way to get natural probiotics and amino acids into their diets, especially if they don't have the best of diets and lifestyles.

Keep doing what you are doing, a wonderful job.

Peace and Blessings,

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Kids On Raw > Kids on Raw General