Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'

Living 'In The Raw' The place to discuss All-Things-Raw! From transitioning to the Raw Food Diet, to equipment, special techniques and more.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Wow: Can't believe 1/2 of December is here: and it's dodo's birthday...............I could probably get depressed if I was not on raw/living foods lifestyle and getting better health wise....not looking all my same age friends and not having all their medical problems ...............is a blessing !

So December is everyone's special or no holi day month. I usually do a dinner for Hannukah -- did not do it this year.......but will have enough celebrations to make up for missed holi day .....

Btda Dinner tonight................Dinner with friends Tomorrow night.........

Raw Holidays Pot Luck on the 20th ..........

Donuts and Hot Chocolate with Kylie X-mas Eve

Family (inviting 3 friends) Christmass Dinner the 25th....

Tea.(full meal) on the 27th

got 2 invitations to New Years Eve (don't want to stay up till midnight!!!!!) might not go??? hehehe !!! is this old age or sleep 2 hrs before midnight thingy??? I would have to eat or take our own ""raw''' food that I would want to eat.......they are fine with my ''weird'' diet ! ........

and December is ALL GONE !

so Merry CHristmas or Happy whichever Holiday to all of you.........

xoxoxo Joz
Old 12-16-2009, 04:24 PM

oh oh ................. UPS delivery !!!!!!!!! yeah. Dr. Cows 4 sampler cheeses !!!!!!!!!!! yeah.................

even tough I told everyone I'm not celebrating birthdays anymore. I love it..........and I get to celebrate for several days........on till..... Chirstmas..... then New Years.............

love it !
Old 12-20-2009, 08:51 AM

Just reading the East Coast is all covered with 6-12 " of snow. Would someone please send me some?

It's 8:38 a.m. and it's 48 here. Hoping for some sun to go out and get some.

Enjoy the 'white' winter wonder land ! I'm off to prep for Pot Luck and doc Said Lecture !

Last edited by wyjoz : 12-20-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:54 PM

A New Year: Can't believe last year has gone by so fast. I guess because we had so much fun.

Plans are already filling January Calendar. There are so many new people searching for a different way of life/health Everyone is getting unhappy with doctors adding more drugs to cover every single ailment. They wonder why nothing is happening and why they are not better.
One of the aspects that makes people aware is; controversy between medicine and alternative care. Even though alternative/natural care is under attack by the media, people are listening and that makes them wonder. Then they ask questions.

They ask MD's and they can't give them answers. So they are computer searching. Which is good. Last week I had three new women in my house going over notes in general. They got a picture of how simple it is to 'cure or heal'. They ask about diet changes. They are surprised that there is nothing drastic. When they come to Pot Lucks -- we advise them that Pot Lucks are 100% Raw Vegan for teaching purposes. They can do Transition Diet 85 -15 % and they'r happy with that.

So this year... with all the new people.... I'm recruiting my older members to help teach. This is exciting. The group is growing.

Plans are being made for Boot Camp to include more medical updates of what's going on with drugs and how no one really gets cured/healed. So they wonder more. Again MD's are not supplying them with answers. How Sad. WE ARE GETTING TO THAT '''FUTURE DOCTORS WILL NOT PRACTICE MEDICINE'''' Albert Einstein was talking about. IT'S HERE ! That is so exciting.

I wish J.O.Y.C.E. or Eva moved here... there is so much that can be done. WOW!

Raw & Vegan Cooked Pot Luck Jan 3 and January 10
Raw Pot Luck and doc Said Lecture January 14

Raw 'girls' lunch @ Grilla Bites January 19

need to arrange for unCooking Class.

got to schedule Microgreens class...people are asking for it.

Medford: GO RAW GO HEALTHY in 2010

Last edited by wyjoz : 01-02-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:16 PM

We went to Rogue River City today to visit. Wow... there is interest in going healthy. So we exchanged e-mails and will have to get together and get going.

I have a feeling that all the publicity about Health Reform brought more news and exposure as to how the system is failing and people are getting more aware and are making decisions to go healthy...

I have a feeling that this year will be busier for us than last year was.

all to health.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:37 AM

Last night I got a e-mail from Rawbert.....he was searching for information about classes, and chef certification and food prep and becoming a chef.

So I answered him. gave him some advice etc..... asked where he was so I could search to see if there are any certified instructors in his area etc.

He writes me back............he is in China. WOW !

So very interested in pursuing raw and then to teach people......

So excited...
Old 01-08-2010, 09:26 AM

so I'm corresponding with China ! yeah. got this long letter but here is just a part:

How I found you was by surfing.

I was impressed by the story of Clent Manich who lost so much weight and Victoria Boutenko had been highly praised by him. There was some event and you were on the menu as one of the people who would be there. I like Mrs. Boutenko from her works I've read and seen and Mr. Manich endorsed her highly. When I saw that you were there for education purposes (I forgot the event), I pondered whether or not to write asking about raw food. Ever since my disappointment that 11 years ago or so it would cost $20K to attend a NY culinary school and that's just for the tuition if I remember correctly, I've done nothing about it.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:24 PM

Still writing with China.

finished Pot Luck and several lectures..... boy I feel that we need more lectures.......

and now I'm getting ready to do unCooking Class tomorrow. Doing Enchiladas Tortilla Soup....etc.

got 11 people and two spouses for xtra $ are joining us for dinner. So rolling up the sleeves to get going.

next week got two raw 'lunch' dates............and off making plans for February......

this year Valentines and Chinese New Year fall on the 14th .... everyone wanted to do Chinese again............as last year we had 'Valentines'

There are so many Chinese/Thai recipes posted here..........I did have a 'friend' compile them for me so that I could share; this way they could select recipes and then bring 'chinese' to the pot luck....It was so good...we had wonderful variety and we had so much food..... we had a post here...with some pictures...gotta go search.... ***just checked the pictures are no longer showing - removed? on photobucket?

Tables decorated; sample of doc Donato's plate. It's all coming back to me now........I can't wait to do it agian....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_DSCN4105.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	3696  Click image for larger version

Name:	006_DSCN4107.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	3697  

Last edited by wyjoz : 01-16-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 AM

So: the unCooking class went so good. The food came out delish and Pineapple Ice Box Cake by Ani was a hit with everyone.

I had 9 students and 2 called off. then I had a helper and 2 spouses (wive's - the hubby are the chefs) of the students joined us for just the dinner.

The 3 men in the class and my hubby wanted more cake...... go figure....So I told them to go home and practice and let me know if it came out like mine.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:19 PM

I'm sooooooooooooooo excited: I received a call yesterday. A lady wants a Black Forest Chocolate Cake on Friday for her hubby's Btday. I never made one to sell... Don't even know how to go about charging for one. WOW! So will do pricing for ingredients.....labor??? it takes 10 mins to prepare !!!!!!!!

Then today.....made arrangements .... to go to a private grade school and show students to make a ''raw'' cake..... there are so many kids allergic to tis and tad and the otter....MY KYLIE DECIDED THAT SHE'S ALLERGIC TO FRUITS AND VEGETABLES ! .....so the teacher has to watch THE list ; and go through the ingredients and remind the kids **you can't this and the other kid you can't that.............this way ....they can all watch and then eat....
Old 01-22-2010, 10:18 AM

Made my first FOR SALE CAKE:

So: I went to the store and measured the nuts, etc...and calculated the price for Black Forest Chocolate Cheesecake. Just the ingredients alone come up to $25

Wow. but this is sooooooooooooooo worth it....and the cake is so rich you can only eat a small slice at a time so it lasts longer than a SAD cake of which I could eat 3 big slices (nutrient empty - you can do that!) and drown it with a cup or two of coffee and we used to call this '''experience''' ..... delicious not thinking about health!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Toucan - Caretaker

Wow, that's great! So was it actually an order? Lucky fellow!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaica View Post
Wow, that's great! So was it actually an order? Lucky fellow!

Special Order Request......yup! I was excited.....
Old 01-22-2010, 04:24 PM

Yeah! ..............feeling good.............. Sold my first cake!

then I recived a call 3 people requested that I submit the Pineapple IceBox Cake for their school project students cook book..........
Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Meadowlark

Good for you, Joz! I think it's great you are getting healthy foods in the schools. It's so lacking! When I bought ingredients retail (not wholesale) for my meal service, I charged pretty much double the cost it took to make it. If it is super laborious, that would be a factor, but if it's a quickie, even easier. What did you end up charging for the cake? (Forgive me if you mentioned it, I looked for the post and didn't see it but I just walked in the door, too, and saw this. I find the food does the talking for us in a lot of ways: they love the fresh taste and how they feel afterwards. It's a done deal. My greatest observation has always been the (IRONIC) following: PEOPLE DON'T MIND THAT IT'S HEALTHY FOR YOU AS LONG AS IT TASTES GREAT. I know, read that one again, right? They are just SO SURE if it's good for them, it must taste terrible or that they will be hungry all the time. WHERE does this mentality come from? The whole sweets and fats as a reward mentality we learn as kids? From the boring, bland boiled single-vegetable unappealing sides we were forced to eat as children? I honestly think people don't know HOW to make fruits and veggies, especially veggies and greens, taste good. Does anybody else have any insight on this? If we can pinpoint the root, we can come with even better solutions or how to prevent the problem to begin with.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'