Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General

Raw Food Preparation - General Share and learn about raw food prep, ingredients, recipes and tips.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Finch

Question Favorite Cracker?

I am finally feeling ready to tackle crackers -- who has an EASY, no fuss cracker that everyone loves?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Hum... I have to admit I'm more of a bread lover. BUT I have just posted a couple of recipes that were really yum in the recipe section!

Also, I'm trying two new cracker recipes from the Carol Alt book tomorrow so will report back! ;-)
Old 06-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Blue-Footed Booby - Caretaker

if you dehydrate the onion bread long enough, it becomes cracker like. our children lare very fond of this recipe and even like it either way.... it relieves me, in case I get too busy and forget to get it out of the dehydrator.

HTH, Julie~
Old 06-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

I totally agree with Julie, here. Onion bread makes awesome crackers!

Well, yesterday was uncooking day and I made 2 kinds of crackers which I was trying for the first time (along with different kinds of chips too! yum yum!)

The D was soooooo full, I actually had to wait for trays to free up so I could put the last of the cracker dough in there! lol (BTW, we have a 9 tray!) One of the recipes was humongous; filled like close to 6 trays alone!!! They are real yummers, though. Phfew! A good thing as we're stocked up for ages with those! lol Can't wait to share the recipe... Actually, I ended up modifying it a little so will post it soon in the Recipe section.

The other ones, 'Zucchini Crackers', didn't look like much at first. (The recipe called for only 5 ingredients!) But boy, let me tell you, these are fantastic! Some of the best I've ever made! They're quite neutral in taste so you could use them with both sweet and savory spreads. Will be posting the recipe in my upcoming blog in which I'll be reviewing Carol Alt's new book.

Oh yeah, I did take some photos and will be putting these up too. (Gee! So much to do, so little time! )
Old 06-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Swallow

I really like the Almond flax crackers in the complete book of raw foods. I have made a few of Alissa's but really have not liked any of them. I just made the lime pepper ones and YUK. Hopefully they taste better with Guac, cause if not, they are going in the garbage.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General