Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Growth and Self-Knowledge

Growth and Self-Knowledge "An unexamined life is a life not worth living." Socrates

Old 10-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Meadowlark

Gabriel Cousens thinks that even more people are B12 deficient (personally, I chose to supplement).
Old 10-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Hatchling

That's interesting. I haven't watched his yet. I ended up purchasing the whole set of interviews because I really found them interesting and wanted to be able to watch them at my leisure (and re-watch them if I chose). Included with the purchase was manuscripts of each of the interviews. Matt Monarch's manuscript is a bit difficult to read (his brain is going too many directions at once! the manuscript is a little disjointed but still quite helpful!). I am glad I did end up purchasing them too because there were three more calls added on for those who had and Karen Knowler did another interview. Also Karen and Mike Adams offered up gifts which I am super excited about!

I really resonate with Karen. I love her holistic approach to the raw food lifestyle.

I am curious on everyone's take on the necessity of colon cleanses and enema's like Matt Monarch was talking about? I found that aspect a little overwhelming. Do people feel that it is true that you really can't maintain your health without doing a colon cleanse or enema?

Thanks!
~W
Old 10-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Hatchling

I'm really skeptical about the whole colon cleanse/enema thing. I don't know how much I really believe in the need to "cleanse" in that way. It seems extreme. Our bodies are pretty good at cleaning and detoxifying themselves.

I'm following Steve Pavlina's juice feast experiment--he's doing a lot of colonics, enemas, and other detox-related protocols along with the feast. He's really detailed about writing about it so it'll be interesting to see what he experiences.

I didn't have time to listen to much of the Rawkathon but I caught bits of it here and there... interesting stuff. Couldn't bring myself to listen to David Wolfe, though. He strikes me as really loopy and "junk science"-y. I've tried to read some of his articles and I just end up laughing and/or rolling my eyes! I feel bad but that's how I react. I come from a family of scientists, so I have a pretty low threshold for his approach. I know some people adore his stuff. I just can't do it!

Hey, did the free gift from Mike Adams (the 46 natural weight loss thingies or whatever) work for anyone? I got a JavaScript error when I tried to sign up for it.

Last edited by BLB : 10-30-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Added a link to Steve Pavlina's site
Old 10-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Chickadee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB View Post

Hey, did the free gift from Mike Adams (the 46 natural weight loss thingies or whatever) work for anyone? I got a JavaScript error when I tried to sign up for it.
nope. didn't work for me either.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenVariety View Post

I am curious on everyone's take on the necessity of colon cleanses and enema's like Matt Monarch was talking about? I found that aspect a little overwhelming. Do people feel that it is true that you really can't maintain your health without doing a colon cleanse or enema?

Thanks!
~W
Nope, don't agree at all. I wonder if he's selling a lot more enema bags and whathaveyou on his site from people who listened and do agree. Either way, I've been raw for awhile and have never felt like I'll stop being healthy if I don't start doing colonics instead of letting my body do the work. It seems counterintuitive to me to be on the healthiest "diet" in the world and to have someone say I will have no option but to start doing enemas or be unhealthy.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Hatchling

Mike Adam's gift didn't work for me either. Harumph...

Anyway, yeah the whole colon cleansing thing...I can't decide. I think its funny which speakers rub people the wrong way. My background is in science and some of David Wolfe's is a little over the top for me but I am super into plants and I love his take on agriculture and truly loving the Earth to get "truly good" food. Plus, he always looks so darn happy! You know he has to be a little crazy to always be so happy
Old 10-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Meadowlark

I don't really like enemas and such because they can really upset the flora in the gut and cause electrolyte imbalances. Plus, there's always the risk of rupturing tissues, which is really scary. I don't do cleanses like that, when I don't feel good I prefer to examine what I eat, and remove what I think is causing my lack of wellbeing. I was pretty much fully raw during the summer, and I was feeling so great the thought of colon cleanses didn't even cross my mind!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Hatchling

tips to colon cleanse

I had never really heard of colon cleansing so I checked online. I found site(http://naturalcoloncleanse.com/) that compares the various cleansers and contains good information about natural colon cleansing.Once check it out.
Thanks.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Hatchling

Colon cleansing

When it comes to living a good, long life, few things can have more of an impact than staying physically fit. There are many ways to take care of your physical health and one of the foundational and most important methods consists of an herbal colon cleanse of your body.
Thanks,
http://naturalcoloncleanse.com/

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Growth and Self-Knowledge