Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Hanging Out

Hanging Out A place to just hang out and talk about everything else!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

How was your day? - The almost anything goes thread :)

I just finished posting in response to Danny_banany's THE Onion Bread thread and I seemed to have 'hijacked' her post - I feel terrible, sorry once again my dear....

Then I realized, it would be good to have a thread to speak of anything in general - apart from sharing raw foods. It is like a phone call to catch up with an old friend or even getting to know each other. Since most are not living in the same neighbourhood, or even continent for that matter how about sharing a little bit more of ourselves?? no after all we have but at least 1 common interest - raw and good health that would equal to happy people.

Plus notice how one topic leads to another topic? It would be good to analyze how the mind works, or even no need for the analysis, just bask in the fun!

I tried one time to post just a SMILEY face but I could not because I need to have at least 30 characters, then I thought of posting 30 SMILEYS now that would be too much ay?

I woke up to a beautiful morning. I greeted the sun. Made myself an O.J. and sipped it as I looked into my wardrobe to choose my 'outfit'. Ya as if I need to wear a white collar shirt to go to work I feel it is important that I feel AND look good in my clothes - I perform better at work that way. Now I am home, I had pineapples - they are so mini but these are not as sweet as the ones I had before. So far my day has been EXCELLENT! I look forward to my evening classes where I can touch many more peoples' lives!

So how was your day?

Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Mute Swan

Smile Sweet Aisah

No worries my dear! I know how it goes, one thing just leads to another, and plus you are so fun and interesting, who would mind?!

I would love to be in one of your classes!! I have done Yoga off and on since I was 15 and feel SOOOO good when I am doing it regularly, it really makes a difference! I haven't done it for like 2 years because I have been busy having babies and our apartment is so tiny I don't have the floor space
We are moving to a new house this fall/winter and I can't wait!!! I am looking forward to starting yoga again
I know what you mean about clothes, comfy is just as important as looks good! Although I have to admit, when I am not going out, I just go for comfy
Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Good for you! Where are you moving to? I love moving. I mean it is a hassle for sure but I love the idea of moving - because life is always ever changing and movement is good. I sure do hope there is enough floor space now for you to practise yoga.

Oh I would love to teach yoga to anyone who is interested - the heart has to set in first and the mind follows.

I just heard from a lovely student/friend of mine who is Canadian. She learnt yoga from me while she stayed in Singapore. She was one of the professors in the top University in Singapore. Very talented beautiful young lady indeed. In her email she still thinks of me often - that really moved me. She has since moved back to Vancouver cannot remember exactly maybe 4 years or more

There was also this other lady, she's Caucasian, not sure what she is actually anyhow she was posted to work in New York and when she visited Singapore she attended my class and told me to move to New York with her so she can have my classe everyday!!

Anyhow, I wish you find your path back to yoga. I always tell people this, how can yoga be wrong when it was founded more than 2500 BC years ago

You see Danny_banany, I can be vain. I make sure when I teach the clothes look good on me. I dream of having to design my own line of yoga/casual clothes and then branch out to kiddy wear - I believe it will be very successful but first, got to find me a sponsor having said all that, I chose comfy over anything
Old 06-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Here's sending love and warmth to all my friends (well most at least, I can only think of Moonstone who is also in Thailand) on the other side of the globe a day full of love and gratitude!!

Smile
Old 06-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Hello ladies,

aisah,
What a wonderful idea! Thanks for starting this thread and sharing a little more about yourself.

As moving was in the air ( ), I decided to move this thread to this area where it feels like it will be more easily accessible to all. Hope you gals feel ok about this...

Also, thanks to your idea, aisah, I've just created a 'Photo Album' within the Members Area as well. That way we can all visually share bits about our lives...

This forum is totally a work-in-progess so please, don't ever hesitate to make whatever suggestions you may have, ok!?! I love to see it grow and evolve, turn into a virtual home where we can all feel real comfy and have room to share everything we feel like!

Quote:
I just heard from a lovely student/friend of mine who is Canadian. She learnt yoga from me while she stayed in Singapore. She was one of the professors in the top University in Singapore. Very talented beautiful young lady indeed. In her email she still thinks of me often - that really moved me. She has since moved back to Vancouver cannot remember exactly maybe 4 years or more
See? Life is pointing a huge big arrow towards BC!

A'right, now about my day...

Yesterday was a tough one as I had planned to do some uncooking and felt a little pressurized, trying to do everything I had in mind... You're so right, aisah, Life is constantly changing, and making plans is a sure way to remind you of that and how silly it can be to want to figure everything ahead of time. One of my favorite jokes goes like this: "Do you know how to make God laugh? Make plans!" I find this to be sooooo true!

Once I realised what I was doing, being all stressed out trying to fit in MY ideas about how things should unfold, I was able to relax and surrender to whatever wanted to happen. Like magic, things started flowing way better. Yippee!

(I have to say I was also PMSing which sure doesn't help! lol)

In the end, I had an intense day in the kitchen, putting my last tray of crackers at like 1 AM, but I was able to have fun in the process and it all turned out wonderfully! Yay!

So back to today, I started bleeding this morning and my energy has totally moved. Phfew! I got everything out of the D and took photos for you guys.

I never know how each day will go, it's a surprise everytime... Today I've been putting finishing touches to the Kids forum, and moving things around RFC a little. I'll be working on the ebook some more later. It is so exciting to see it take form. Can't wait to share it with you guys; altho I decided yesterday I had to let go of any preconception as to when it will come out. Again, trying to stay away from pressure whenever I can. I'd rather take my time and create something I feel really good about than to rush it and not be satisfied with the result...

Foodwise, I'm making my quiche for supper (yum!) and Don and I will be experimenting with a new soup. Will see how it turns out...

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Carmella
Old 06-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Hello Carmella and all,

Ah I knew something was wrong when I first posted under that section.... knew there must be a Hanging Out place - thank you for the move

I hope everbody knows that this thread is for everyone to post in, not just me. I just had to start the ball rolling *if you noticed I had no idea what to say* and from there the story will pick up on its own and have its momentum.

So come on everyone, spread some love *don't I sound hippie*

I must say this forum has evolved ever so beautifully! Thank you both for your brilliant ideas!! Must be those raw foods ah I just remembered, been wanting to ask you this, how about more Smilies?? I would love to have that Banana Dance thing or anything else? I am not sure what it takes or costs but if its too much of a hassle I understand.

Somehow I knew you were going to mention something about my Canadian lady friend.

I like this - "Do you know how to make God laugh? Make plans!"

I agree with you Carmella, fact, the best way to live life is to surrender, to let go. For if one tense, it causes blockages, flow of life energy is blocked - so relax, surrender, release and let go and the energy will flow fluidly. The strongest person is the one who is most relaxed. The calmest person is the one who is most relaxed.

How I un-pressurize myself - I remind myself that nothing is permanent. Good or bad result are just part of life and both should be taken equally. For without bad, we won't know what is good. So I do not fuss or worry too much about how an outcome will be as long as I know I gave my best.

Crackers at 1am!! What's the name? Midnight crackers?? hee hee! Well I totally appreciate your time spent in making good and lovely raw foods for ultimately, I gain too. And boy I look forward to your ebook

Today, my Master is in town. However I am too tied up to meet up with him. We spoke on the phone. It was nice to catch up with him. Tomorrow is a day where we worship Gurus and it is also Full Moon so its extra special day!

I feel blissful today.

Thank you for reading. Have a blissful day yourself
Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Hellooooo Danny_banany

That is interesting! Who would have thought that you once lived in Singapore along with your brothers....

I hope you enjoyed your stay there. It can be pretty intense
Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Hatchling

This thread was nice to read...I love how it just flowed like water. Very natural and beautiful. I'm really enjoyed being part of RFC And I LOVED the quote about God laughing!!!!

One more though...Aisah - how is your name pronounced? Wouldn't it be neat if we could do voice threads somehow and hear each others voices?? How powerful would that be?!!!???

<3,
Audry
Old 06-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Mute Swan

Wow Audry, what a thought, our voices! Maybe some day, you never know

Sorry Aisah, I wasn't very clear/accurate, I wish I could visit in Singapore! But my friend was from there and we lived in Victoria BC

"I remind myself that nothing is permanent. Good or bad result are just part of life and both should be taken equally. For without bad, we won't know what is good. So I do not fuss or worry too much about how an outcome will be as long as I know I gave my best."
Love this way of thinking, I feel the same but often forget

*can someone tell me how to multi-quote? I can't seem to do it right

Oh my goodness! All those embarrassed smilies! Quick, here is something I am happy/pleased with - my Mom has lots of anxiety involving food, so growing up, I also developed a lot of insecurity about eating. (don't worry, that's not the "happy" part I had a huge fear that no one would like my food, so I didn't like to eat in front of others or cook for others. This drove me crazy cause I like to share (I was a pretty good cook, lots of experience and didn't use pre-made processed stuff, but that didn't reassure me), but I felt so inadequate I didn't often share my food.
Lately I have noticed that even though RAW is uncommon and unusual I have taken food to share at my Mother-in-law's more than 7 times in the last 6 weeks! That is more than I have done in the last 3 years!! She has loved it all and even asked for recipies! I have also taken dishes and shared at both my Sister-in-laws with equally good results, although it was less of a challenge as they both were raw at the time
So -raw has helped me over come my food hang ups/insecurities, I love the food and I love to share!!

Carmella -I have been wondering how you find the time in a day to do all you do!!! Now we know your secret, you are a midnight cracker maker!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audry View Post
This thread was nice to read...I love how it just flowed like water. Very natural and beautiful. I'm really enjoyed being part of RFC And I LOVED the quote about God laughing!!!!

One more though...Aisah - how is your name pronounced? Wouldn't it be neat if we could do voice threads somehow and hear each others voices?? How powerful would that be?!!!???

<3,
Audry
Hiya Audry, I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. Hope everyone will participate and post something.... anything! After all it is an anything goes thread

As *maybe* most of us know that it is not how you spell the name that matters most, but how the pronunciation is intended.

My name as my parents called me - I (the alphabet 'I' which comes after 'H') and SHA (as in SHArp). It is quite a common name amongst the middle east - which could simply mean 'life', or 'life is a gift' or even 'life is a gift from God'. And over here in Asia (or at least our heritage), our practise is that my second name is not my family name, it is followed by my dad's name, Aziz - which means BEST. So link them together you have BEST LIFE

Why its spelled like so, well because my dad wants his name alphabet/initial to be in the beginning, which is A and my mom's name alphabet/initial to be at the end - H. Her name is Hatijah by the way.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_banany View Post
Sorry Aisah, I wasn't very clear/accurate, I wish I could visit in Singapore! But my friend was from there and we lived in Victoria BC

*can someone tell me how to multi-quote? I can't seem to do it right

So -raw has helped me over come my food hang ups/insecurities, I love the food and I love to share!!
I actually wrote a response to your query on MULTI-QUOTE however it did not turn out to be how I'd want it to sorry there, I hope Carmella (which I'm so sure of) will be able to help you in clearer details.

I must have mis-read your post about your friend from Singapore - sorry about that.

Nice to know that raw has helped you to overcome your food insecurities!! How wonderful! Raw sure can help us in many ways, if not all, areas in our lives. I'm happy for you
Old 06-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Despite my day being hectic, it was truly fulfilling! What I like about my class is that not only do I teach them yoga *postures*, I taught them life - the nature of it/to accept it and embrace it, I lecture philosophy all done in good nature, lightness and humor!!

After all yoga is life - life is yoga. At times, I do remind practitioners that yoga is not just an hour on the mat, its 24 hours awareness its not only during that 1 hour you are cool, calm, collected and when you leave the mat you are back to being easily disturbed! *well at least that 1 hour is a good change no?*

So be conscious, be aware, be mindful. Spread love. Spread happiness. It costs you nothing to greet the stranger on the street with a smile or a simple Good Morning. How does it make you feel should a stranger walks past by you with a warm soft smile and a genuine greeting of a Good Morning or Good Day? It makes you feel good does it not? Makes you feel special, noted, belonged, that is what we all want, to be felt, to be noted. Let's make that change - for if change is what we want, we have to make that change.

peace and love to all.

Have a beautiful day from your friend on the other side of the globe
Old 06-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Aisah,

We totally resonate with your approach re: relaxation and letting go... We live our lives in surrender to what we like to call 'The Mystery'.

And thanks for enlightening us about how to pronounce your name. I just love its meaning, "Life is a gift", and feel it suits you so perfectly!

As for your suggestion to add more smileys, I'll look into it once things slow down a little here. The ebook (along with everything else is just keeping me so busy these days...)

Quote:
Carmella -I have been wondering how you find the time in a day to do all you do!!! Now we know your secret, you are a midnight cracker maker!
He he! Actually, that was quite unusual. We tend to be in bed by 9 Pm!

I gotta say that I, too, sometime wonder how I can get everything done. The trouble is, all I can see is what all else 'needs' doing... Man, what a trip! I use to do nothing but meditate all day! I'm enjoying this new, more active phase. It's just that I'm still learning how to juggle with all these balls at once without dropping too many! Yet another kind of meditation...

Not sure how to multi quote either, Danny. I just do it manually. What I do is paste the passages I want to quote into my message. Then select each one and click on the little quoting icon (next to the photo one) in the message editing tools. Hope that helps some...
Old 06-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Just like my K-tec, I need to re-programme myself

I have been having weird resting time!! Its now 20 minutes to 2 in the morning and I am WIDE AWAKE

Maybe I ought to make some plans.... did I hear gigglings from you God? *winking to Carmella* its not funny.... I do need to work on my time management or at least work around it to be in Asia time context

Whoa - be in bed by 9 Carmella?? I remember doing that when I was a toddler?? I have not done that since!! Maybe I ought to, well not 9 at least somewhere more decent than 2am!!!

My day was great fun! I had an early morning class 8.30am and about 40 people attended!! I played them like a puppet (in a good way of course). See my class is very 'interactional' - its a very relaxed manner, no Mambo-Jumbo seriousness I always crack jokes because people need to relax - too many expectations, too much tensions and blockages - so I made them laugh. Laughter is therapeutic. Laughing makes you relaxed. When one is relaxed, they perform better in their poses, they are more at peace, they are graceful. Energy flows better.

I make sure not one day go by without me having a laugh. How I do that? Well by watching something funny - like a tv programme (yes I do have a tv and am proud owner ) or a movie or even a good book.

So have you had your daily dosage of laughter today? Go get some. It will do you good

Happy day to all ~ a

Last edited by aisah : 06-30-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Finch

Talking I Love It!

I love this thread -- it is absolutely perfect!

I am actually a recovering planner. I used to plan every detail down for months in advance. It lead me to much disappointment & unhappiness.

Then I got pregnant (after trying for nearly a year -- it didn't work for my 'plan'), had my first, and noticed I couldn't plan the way I used to. My life was up in the air, so I tried to plan the baby's life. It was silly, I planned nothing for us, because "we have a baby", but I planned every feeding, nap and diaper change for him.

Then we planned on having a second -- and after months of tyring, nothing. So we 'planned' on waiting 4 years to try again, we even put our house on the market and "planned" to move.... and we got pregnant 2 weeks later. All plans were off! CRAZY!

Now, I refuse to plan if at all possible.

Sometimes, I find myself doing it and have to stop myself. I even had to hide my beloved calendar! (I used to have a great love affair with Franklin-Covey Planner -- it is the business major in me!)

So, todya we did not plan anything, and it went quite well. I saw the movie "Evan, Almighty" and got a great laugh and even some enlightenment from it. (That was my "all by myself" time) and I also got to read some great posts today. This thread and Don's piece in the Personal Growth section.

What a great day!

Tomorrow -- well, I am sure it will be great!
Closed Thread

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Hanging Out