Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Kids On Raw > Kids on Raw General

Kids on Raw General Nutritional Corner, Kid Approved Recipes, Creative Kitchen Ideas, Social Challenges and More!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Hatchling

Help: Need tasty recipes for my Baby's First Birthday Cake

Hi everyone
My baby is turning 1 year in less than a month, and unfortunatelly I have zero experince when it comes to raw foods or raw recipes (I still haven't transitioned to raw) but since my baby's 100% raw purees (besides breast milk) soo I was hoping someone can help me with tasty recipes for his first cake (preferabely with recipes that don't call for dehydrator use cause I don't have one)

Thanks

Last edited by Arijel5 : 12-14-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Mute Swan

Hi, sorry you didn't get much help here, us raw Mom's are kinda uncommon and busy!
To be quite honest I know birthdays are important to us and fun, but I would not make a cake. Most of them here are delish, but too complex for a baby that young, at one year they should not eat anything that involved. That said if the cake is for friends and family, and not intended for the baby, I would definately recommend the blackforest chocolate cheese cake!!!!
For your baby, cut up some soft fruits and let him/her help themselves while you watch, that is grand fun for a baby that age. If you want it to be special, get a few special fruits, like organic papaya, mango, and I definately recommend avocado! My two little ones can't get enough!

Hope you come back to visit RFC, and check on this thread!
Old 12-20-2009, 06:23 AM
Hatchling

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_banany View Post
Hi, sorry you didn't get much help here, us raw Mom's are kinda uncommon and busy!
To be quite honest I know birthdays are important to us and fun, but I would not make a cake. Most of them here are delish, but too complex for a baby that young, at one year they should not eat anything that involved. That said if the cake is for friends and family, and not intended for the baby, I would definately recommend the blackforest chocolate cheese cake!!!!
For your baby, cut up some soft fruits and let him/her help themselves while you watch, that is grand fun for a baby that age. If you want it to be special, get a few special fruits, like organic papaya, mango, and I definately recommend avocado! My two little ones can't get enough!

Hope you come back to visit RFC, and check on this thread!

thaks danny banany now my son is turning 2 years in january and I would like t o make that blackforest chocolate cheese cake you mentioned, can you give me recipe, I'can't find the recipe ...thanks
Old 12-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Meadowlark

I'd definitely recommend checking out Evie's Kitchen by Shazzie.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Chickadee

How about some sort of puree in a small unbreakable cupcake-size container, with a carrot stick as the one candle. IDK, maybe banana- mango, with a little spinach, or banana avocado with a little kale etc. ....

Mary Kay

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Kids On Raw > Kids on Raw General