Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > What's Happening on the Raw Scene?

What's Happening on the Raw Scene? Find out about upcoming potlucks and events in your area, as well as individual or group projects.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Swallow

Breast Cancer Walk - Sept. 11-13/09

I will be walking 60km on Sept 11-13/09 for breast cancer and I have to do some fundraising for this event.

Please click on the link to be connected to my homepage and you can get all the informatioin there and if you like or can make your donation from there.

http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TRC/Eve...323&px=2878707

Thank you to all for reading and donating.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Chickadee

How is this walk different? Natural research or drug related new drugs or chemo/radiation practices

More cancer walks? I know cancer walks are all drug related and supported. Is this one advocating natural remedies or support for more and more research, chemo, radiation and new drugs? I am just trying to understand what makes this walk different from many walks in my community or nationally. Please don't take this as attack against your great intentions, but just a curious person by nature and knowing how the drug industry works, each cause supporting drugs, I'm extra cautious on what separates this walk from the rest besides your wonderful efforts. Thanks.

carolg
Old 02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Almost '''all''' funds are for drug research for a new drug..........IS THERE A RAW FOOD/NATURAL REMEDIES FUND RAISER ANYWHERE.............

RawDiva;;;; do you have access to the information? where is this money actually going????? could you? post your findings???? As carolg said, it's not an attack on you............it's just now the real truth is coming out.............

Big $$$ to the president, vice president, assistants for the organization and drug research.................maybe a few $$$ to actual patient to make it seem that 'our' money is doing some good????

the Pink Ribbon per articles galore is supposed to be a '' THINK BEFORE YOU PINK''' Joke.........as all the funds it seems are used for drug company research.............as though they don't have enough profit to fund their own research.

the other thing............... '''CANCER IS NOT A DISEASE'''' it's a symptom! Andreas Moritz so there will never be a cure drug found.....as treating symptoms is not acrually curing anything. The new thing is '''REMOVE THE CAUSE''' or better ''''YOU DON'T NEED THE CURE IF YOU DON'T EAT THE CAUSE''''

wow................Nixon pronouned war on cancer in l960's and $$$$ is being wasted on something that will never happen.......... we need ''''LET FOOD BE THY MEDICINE AND THY MEDICINE THY CURE......Hippocrates
Old 02-05-2009, 04:44 PM

ha just got this in my e-mail;

SMOKING BY ITSELF IS NOT ''CANCER CAUSING'' IT'S VIOLATION OF 10 HEALTH PRINCIPLES AND pH ACID DIET............ So what does this do for Cancer Victory???????????? wow ! unbelievable!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: wyjozu2@aol.com
Sent: 2/5/2009 10:59:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time
Subj: Celebrating a major cancer victory

Dear Joz,

I'm writing with exciting news for the American Cancer Society community nationwide and for everyone involved in the fight against cancer. With the stroke of a pen, President Obama has signed into law a measure that will save lives by lowering smoking rates and reducing tobacco consumption while giving millions of uninsured children access to quality health care.

The new law expands the successful State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) by increasing the federal cigarette tax by the largest amount ever, to a total of just over $1 per pack. The increase will prevent more than 900,000 smoking-related deaths, deter nearly 1.9 million children from smoking, and encourage 1.4 million adults to quit.

This victory is the result of years of leadership on tobacco control issues by your American Cancer Society and its advocacy affiliate, the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN). ACS CAN launched the current push to increase the federal tobacco tax in 2007, and with the strong support of cancer advocates nationwide we convinced elected officials from both political parties to pass this bill.

On behalf of the American Cancer Society and ACS CAN, I want to thank you for your efforts in the fight against cancer. I also want to challenge you to continue the fight by helping to convince elected officials and policymakers to support laws and policies that increase funding for cancer research, expand access to cancer prevention and early detection programs, s Joz here: BY THE TIME A MACHINE DETECTS A LUMP CANCER HAS BEEN GROWING FOR MANY YEARS ALREADY............. SO???WHAT IS ??? EARLY DETECTION????? trengthen tobacco control policies, and ensure insurance coverage of lifesaving cancer screening tests and treatments. Information on how to join us is in the accompanying box and at www.acscan.org.

Victories like this one remind us that we have accomplished much, but that we have a lot more work to do to defeat cancer. Thank you for your continued support.
John R. Seffrin, PhD
Chief Executive Officer, American Cancer Society
Chief Executive Officer, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network

Last edited by wyjoz : 02-05-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Chickadee

It gets to be a walk for this disease and that. Like a business and finding a way to prey on others is my belief. So we have cancer walks, MS walks, etc. How about setting up auditoriums around the cities so that some of us with ministries or businesses can get in and speak without having to say we have been through the Fire or Test to gain the platform for the testimony. My biggie is let's educate the people and give those who really want to change their lifestyle and fight these diseases another option they may never hear about. I tried to do lectures at MS Foundation local and got NO years back. I can't relate to those who have the disease, but can express my compassion for them cause I am compassionate by nature. I want all well.

My husband had epilepsy and the groups don't want to hear his recovery testimony from me in 6 weeks over 30 years ago.

I'm a little radical you may call it as funding doesn't always go to the right sources but into the wrong pockets who remain innocent till caught.

Better get off now before Joz calls me up! All I am trying to be from my perspective is real. Why aren't more organizations looking to www.hacres.com for information that is truthful and ignoring the religious talk if they choose. Regardless they are radical and tell it the way it without compromising. This is more of my style. What about others listening to Dr. Day who has been through cancer and won the Cancer Battle with her approach. My thoughts: every patient who is diagnosed with cancer who is a hefty price ticket should be given Dr. Day's video since she is a DR. who won and let's give patients options they can explore or deny.

I know my own cousin who suffers from tons of health challenges, on drugs that I wouldn't dare come near too, but respect her choices, won't change with me sharing information. She's going to be living in a motel for a few months till she/hubby relocated out of state. Her food processor is packed away. I can't imagine living without my food processor on the counter wherever I am for such a long time.

Oh, well.

I still respect others choices. I can't speak for others but me.
carolg
Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Chickadee

The weekend to end breast cancer.

I believe www.hacres.com can say that many who followed his program, 85% raw, but encouraging those to go 100% if possible, is successful helping people learn to LIVE and eat differently. Health is wealth.

Will this weekend really accomplish an end to breast cancer or more money for testing, advancement of new drugs, etc? Reflecting as this helps me stay out of trouble and the reason I continue to make conscious choices for my body. Am I being too radical to myself?

Dr. Day's wonderful site:
http://drday.com/

This is the dr. who had breast cancer and fought it winning the battle.

carolg
Old 02-05-2009, 05:57 PM

That's what I'm talking about...........................cure for cancer................. via NATURAL METHODS...................... high raw diet and 10 Health principles!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO.................
Old 02-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Swallow

If this is the Revlon walk, you may want to listen to what author Stacy Malken has to say about the "pink ribbon" as well as Revlon, Avon, etc. on Natural Products Radio.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Chickadee

Lots of links

Thanks Eraw.

Okay I did more homework and I was convinced before and now I am still convinced that "there is no desired cure in sight" as $ is a big issue. Help the cancer patient directly. Make direct contact so you can see where your money is going. I know cancer has killed many of my relatives too, but for me I am working towards staying out "rulership" as I don't have health insurance so they wouldn't want me. Regardless there is great help out there and I would even helping someone going to Hippocrates Health in W. Palm Beach, FL.

Here's links. Maybe we help you decide differently about the walk and maybe individuals: teach them how to eat differently, use different type of cosmetics, etc.

I know your intentions are great, but just wanted you to know there is billions of $ at stake if a cure if ever found, lots of people no longer rich at the expense of others DISease, lost jobs, etc.

Wanna still walk. Check out this link and see what one man did for his community. He's making history and has been a light to tons of people--one to one. Great story. Making a difference and what loss we are having here in my area.

http://m.dailycamera.com/news/2009/j...-gift-stanger/

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...1824082&ref=mf

Tons more about this deceased angel who touched lives. He also helped at my large church.

carolg
Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Swallow

Here is a link to information you could read up on as to where the funds are going to.

http://to09.endcancer.ca/site/PageSe..._dollarsatwork
Old 02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Chickadee

Thanks for link. I saw research mentioned several times too. I just wish organizations would start promoting even as experimental try this program or that. I even wanted to speak at a local breast cancer meeting, and got no as response. I do respect helping people, but when history keeps repeating itself with more research and yet I know and have friends who recovered doing the Hallelujah Diet, www.hacres.com, for example I feel there is no uniting or supporting the efforts to "end" cancer. www.drday.com is great cancer and other health website. Her Cancer doesn't scare me anymore" video is great. She's passionate about people knowing the truth even if she gets bad PR which has been the case before. The truth too often gets "sealed." Leave it to Dr. Day to expose.

I'm sure love ones who lost a spouse are pretty much in favor of such walks, but both my mother and father went this way, so I'm one of the few who stays away. I know these marches are large here too.

carolg...again thanks bunches.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > What's Happening on the Raw Scene?