Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Sunny Gym

The Sunny Gym RFC's Exercise, Fitness & Training Center

Old 02-28-2009, 04:29 AM
simply_michelle

March Madness and A Little Luck of the Irish Exercise Thread!

I know NF is away this weekend so I started your March thread for you right here!

I'd also like to invite all of you to the thread linked in my signature... we are up to about module 5 now and learning a LOT about ourselves... come and join us!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:34 AM
Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_michelle View Post
I know NF is away this weekend so I started your March thread for you right here!

I'd also like to invite all of you to the thread linked in my signature... we are up to about module 5 now and learning a LOT about ourselves... come and join us!
SimplyMichelle I have been doing a shout out for this on the existing thread,did you see it?...
Glad there's a new thread.Thanks.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:49 AM
simply_michelle

I did see it Care!! This thread was started just for you via your requests
Old 02-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_michelle View Post
I did see it Care!! This thread was started just for you via your requests
awwwww,thanks. i missed NFracer, hope she is well.Its great to see you Michelle... I am ready for a sweaty , up it a notch , get started March!Thanks
Old 02-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Swallow

Hello Friends-

I know I've been gone for a while; My life is like a cyclone as far as ripping and running and meeting deadlines go. I just had to take a break from visiting the raw community online. I'm still not working full time anywhere yet but I still blessed. I still have a car and I still have a roof over my head and that's a major blessing in these times. I'm nearing the end of my MSW journey (one more semester) and look forward to what God has prepared for me and so I need to get back on track with my exercise; I exercise schedule is so chaotic that I feel like I've bumped down from intermediate to beginner level - especially with my strength training, I can tell a difference.

My sister, a friend and I are challenging ourselves to get back on track with running goals. I always wanted to just try to see if I could do a 1/2 marathon. Why? I don't know. I don't like running outside and probably won't do much outside. I just really want to see if I've got it in me. I'll try my best to check in daily..

So we have this 8 week program we got out of the fitness magazine that will teach us to run a half-marathon in 8 weeks. We start Monday. I'll be posting what I'm doing, how it's going and will be looking forward to being inspired by everyone here. We are going to make up our own little half-marathon with at one of the parks to run in May and we will reward each other with a gift basket that all 3 of us will contribute to each week up until May just to make it more fun that way. I need this little challenge my exercise life seems to be pretty blah right now. I'll also be pushing myself to get back on track with strength training; I've slacked off on intensity.

Take care of yourselves...

See ya in March
Old 02-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Meadowlark

Lavender J - so glad to see you here posting again! That sounds like a fabulous goal. I have never done a marathon before. I know you will do whatever you set your mind to. Anyway take care!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:11 AM
simply_michelle

My goal this month is one hour of exercise a day... Doesn't matter what it is, just one hour of it.

Today: One hour of my Total Gym
Old 03-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Swallow

8 miles done!

Late and done, run 8!

Hi Lavender , good luck with your goals!
You too Simply Michelle
Old 03-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Swallow

My goal is to do something, for at least one half hour..at least 5 days a week..

A fairly modest goal, but a vast improvement..lol..on what I have been doing. I have hurt my back off and on, getting wood in, and know I need to stretch, and do yoga, at the very least...

blessings..

e
Old 03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
NFracer

Hello friends! Thanks for the well wishes! I am back from a great weekend with a bunch of teenage girls! I don't know all of your religious views but I am a Christian and the tour I went on was a "revolve tour" for teenage girls. I went with one of my daughters + some teens from church and I just have to say it was incredibly MOVING to see 1,000's of teenage girls worshipping together in one big place. We got to see and listen to some amazing people and I could just feel the presence of our Lord and Saviour watching down upon us...It was very emotional and I am still "caught up" in it so sorry I am so weepy!!!! ....and off topic!

While I was away my NEW TREADMILL came and is all set up and waiting for me to use in just a few minutes! I'll let you know if it runs FOR ME!!!

I am so happy to see lavendarj back...been thinkin' about you AND your sister...I knew she started working out with you at some point. I know you are busy, my hubby is ALWAYS doing homework and is not even on the MSW degree yet!!!!

Morn-glad you're back! great pic's on facebook! Is anyone else hooked on their facebook besides me????

care4raw-thanks for missing me

simplymichelle-I sent you a text last night....we'll catch up!
welcome aboard elementalspirit! We're a fun group! Join in anytime!

I am going to do what I can this month keeping in mind that I am fasting for Lent.....so I am off to use the treadmill NOW!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Swallow

Happy Monday to Everyone!

Let me tell you it was a push to walk out the door and into weather that barely makes the teens to go to the gym but I did it. I will admit I'm glad I didn't turn over and go back to sleep now. It feels like I'm starting all the way over as far as building up to running again but I guess I'll celebrate being here.

So according to this fitness magazine, at the beginning level for week 1 I should run/walk 2 miles on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat but it didn't give specifics about the intensity levels or anything. So what I did today was about 10 minutes of walking to warm up and then started a run 1 minute walk 5 minute cycle. I ended up with 5 1-minute runs and the rest walking for a total of 35 minutes in the gym today. I'm not sure if I'm pushing hard enough or not by next Saturday this schedule has me running 3 miles

Any tips from the running pros out there? I can tell I'm out of shape endurance-wise; have challenged my workouts with intervals or anything like that lately busy of ripping and running.

Glad to see all you familiar and new faces...Just reading your posts is going to help push me...

Be blessed!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 AM
NFracer

Lightbulb

My most successful advice is a walk - run program.....
Each line represents a week. Do each session 3x per week.
walk/run # min. walk/ run # min. reps
walk 9 run 1 4x
walk 8 run 2 4x
walk 7 run 3 4x
walk 6 run 4 4x
walk 5 run 5 4x
walk 5 run 5 5x
walk 4 run 6 5x
walk 3 run 7 5x
walk 3 run 7 6x
walk 2 run 8 6x
walk 1 run 9 6x
run 60 min.

This is for a 10K so you can adjust it as needed and I could help you advance it if need be. When is the race?I apologize if you already mentioned when...it's Monday!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Chickadee

I accomplished my goals for last week, so I will set some for this week as well(even though I don't post on here everyday, it helps me to know I have written them down somewhere!)

Cardio everyday
yoga everyday
weights 1-2 x's

There, now I have to do it! Thanks guys.
Mandy

Ps. yes, I am addicted to facebook too!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Meadowlark

Today's exercise: 50 minutes of cardio resistance training - by the time I left I could barley move my arms from all the weight work. I will be sore tomorrow I am sure.

I start a new job today - it is part time currently in the afternoon/evening so keep me in your prayers!

NFRacer - Thanks and yeah I am loving facebook it is a blast seeing people you haven't seen in years.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Swallow

NFRacer-

This is super duper helpful. We are definitely beginners; my sister, a few friends and I are creating a 1/2 marathon at one of the park/recreation areas nearby. That workout routine I mentioned earlier is supposed to be for beginners/non-runners. I don't know why but for some reason I just have to keep at this; I just really have to urge to see if I've got it in me.. so this is like our "practice" 1/2 marathon-I hope I'll stick it out until I can get to the running 60 minutes phase. I'm going to suggest the 10K to my running mates

THANKS

By the way, the "revolve tour" sounds amazing...just the kind of thing I would like to do with youth in my area...

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Sunny Gym