Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Hanging Out

Hanging Out A place to just hang out and talk about everything else!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 AM
Meadowlark

"I am grateful" post

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, and among all the sweet things he does already, he asked for a raw feast to celebrate

This gave me an idea. It seems that many of us have dear friends, significant others, etc. who are very supportive of our... different lifestyle

So this post is for you to share something they did/do that meant a lot to you.

I am grateful that my husband drives me to the store every week (the stores, rather, as I can't find everything in just one), and I am grateful that he drinks green smoothies every day. I am grateful that he tastes everything raw I make with an open mind. I am grateful that thanks to him, I live in a pretty little town with 2 vegetable gardens in my backyard.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

I am ''grateful'

After I discovered a lecture by Victoria Boutenko, I said to my self '''YAH SURE 'RAW' """" but then I came home and mentally told my self that I already eat raw tomatos, cuces, zucchini, peppers, salads, etc. but 'raw lasagna' ? So I decided to do smoothies
my hubby told me to go ahead and 'knock yourself out' AND AND AND then he asked me for a sip...........and wanted one.......... to this day we'r doing them.

I'm grateful that first RFT was there to help me transition..........and and then then the next best thing that happened is RFC !!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah...............and I was able to play, experiment, and actually come up with a recipe that made me '''famous''' !!!! hehehe and my hubby actually listens to what I share with him from posts on here.....and even knows a few people from here.................

I'm grateful that there are so many people that share this lifestyle and others that want to learn.

I'm grateful that I'm able to work with two Naturopaths and do the food part of their programs.

I'm grateful that I get calls from people I have never heard of to come and do un Cooking classes. Even out of state......

I'm grateful that 'hubby' cleans up after I make a mess for class and take off or for Pot Lucks and when we come home he gets in there and helps.................

I'm thankful Velvet started this thread..........

I'm thankful for a 1001 things and now I got to go to prepare for class and don't have time to type more................... so I'll post more tomorrow????
Old 04-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Meadowlark

I totally enjoyed reading your reply Jozzie! Beautiful
Old 04-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Meadowlark

I'm very grateful for my husband too! He's very supportive with my raw food endeavors, especially on the weekends when I make all my recipes and spend hours in the kitchen. He is always willing to eat any of my raw food he likes and willing try new raw recipes. Oh and he helps with clean up too which is a godsend at 4pm in the afternoon when I'm dying to get out for my run!! He even has a few green smoothies per week in the mornings. And yesterday, he was close to tears reading a vegan phamphlet about factory farming and how pigs are ruthlessly and inhumanely slaughtered. It really touched me that he cares so much about the suffereing of farm animals. Most people are so disconnected with the food on their plates. I'm also grateful that he is also excited about the goose, Yvette we are sponsoring at the Farm Sanctuary in NY state. I'm so grateful my husband is buying vegan meat substitutes and doesn't touch meat anymore. I'm so glad I'm not alone in my raw vegan world and very grateful for my husband's loving kindness and support.

Last edited by J.o.y.c.e : 04-07-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Chickadee

I am grateful for my husband as well. I know that sometimes my choices become irritating to him, but when I over hear him speaking with someone about them, he always defends me and is so very proud. I love him for putting up with me for the last 14 years on my journey from meat and potatoes to vegetarian to vegan to raw, not to mention all of the in between, the Atkins diet, the Zone, the South Beach, Macrobiotics, Aryuveda... fasting...master cleanse.... Oh, how I appreciate my man.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Meadowlark

This is so sweet

Oh, I'm also grateful that my husband mentioned in our Christmas letter that raw food is so energizing and it's such a great diet. It was so thoughtful

I'm grateful to everyone who creates wonderful raw desserts, because it makes raw so much easier for many people.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:58 AM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
This is so sweet

Oh, I'm also grateful that my husband mentioned in our Christmas letter that raw food is so energizing and it's such a great diet. It was so thoughtful

I'm grateful to everyone who creates wonderful raw desserts, because it makes raw so much easier for many people.
I am agree with your post

same opinion here

nice to meet you!

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:49 AM
Meadowlark

Welcome to the Fammunity!

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Hanging Out