Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Green Guide: Saving Our Planet One Choice at a Time

Green Guide: Saving Our Planet One Choice at a Time Ambassadors for Urgent Change in Human and Animal Issues, All Things for a Greener Lifestyle, Sustainable Living and Organic Gardening.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:04 AM
luckitri

First Lady's Organic Garden Concerns Chemical Firms

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-04-09.html

OK so the garden is organic. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. She did not respond to my letter surprise surprise.

mmmmm . . . MACA members want appreciation for their good contributions but no recognition of the bee problem or any of the other problems they create - no honest assessment.

Last edited by luckitri : 04-15-2009 at 02:07 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Meadowlark

*snort*
Old 04-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

The pesticide peddlers are not happy with Michelle Obama.

We support organic gardening.

Tell the board members of MACA (virtually all of them big chemical executives) that we don't appreciate their telling Michelle Obama (or any of us) to use pesticides in our gardens.

The Mid America CropLife Association (MACA) represents chemical companies that produce pesticides, and they are angry that wait for it Michelle Obama isn't using chemicals in her organic garden at the White House.
We are not making this up.
In an email they forwarded to their supporters, a MACA spokesman wrote, "While a garden is a great idea, the thought of it being organic made [us] shudder." MACA went on to publish a letter it had sent to the First Lady asking her to consider using chemicals or what they call "crop protection products" in her garden.
Michelle Obama has done America a great service by publicizing the importance of nutritious food for kids (she's growing the garden in partnership with a local elementary school class) as well as locally grown produce as an important, environmentally sustainable food source.
MACA's letter is part of a larger propaganda effort to convince people that chemicals are a necessary part of produce growth when we know that's not true.
Click here to tell the MACA board that we support Michelle Obama's organic garden, and we'll thank them to keep their propaganda out of it.
Thank you for working to build a more organic world.
Kate Stayman-London, Campaign Manager
CREDO Action from Working Assets
P.S. CREDO is the phone company that fights for the environment and prints all of its bills on recycled paper. When you join CREDO, we'll give you a free phone, buy out your contract*, and give you $10 off your bill for a year! Click here to get the details.
*Up to $200. Offer valid with 2-year contract after credit approval.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Swallow

ooo- disturbing. i wonder if she used fertilizers or "organic" chemicals...this will be interesting...keep us updated!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Swallow

i'm curious about what the adgenda is behind this one...
Old 04-23-2009, 12:16 AM
luckitri

Big Agriculture Takes Umbrage At Mrs. Obama's Organic Garden

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6146396.ece

The article states that more than 100,000 people signed a petition supporting Mrs. Obama but it does not state what organization - I would have signed.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt56E...eature=related

Obama on Veganism!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:30 PM
luckitri

Ha Ha! The old cattle ranchers always told me that they were convinced that the government would be happy if everybody became vegetarian. They would have included raw veganism if they had known of it. This was when they were being squeezed out of being able to run their cattle on public lands and other ways that ranching was being encroached on.

That is an inspiring video!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Swallow

I hope the administration actually takes the advise of this video.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Meadowlark

They're already taking away some of the farm subsidies and using the money for nutrition education. Pretty cool!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

I'm just afraid this guy will be assassinated pretty soon...
Old 04-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Meadowlark

Exactly my husband's thoughts when Obama was running for President.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Meadowlark

Sad, but I was worried about that while he was running also. I was thinking if I was his wife, I would be paranoid with worry.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Quetzal

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckitri View Post
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6146396.ece

The article states that more than 100,000 people signed a petition supporting Mrs. Obama but it does not state what organization - I would have signed.
Luckitri

People vote/signed the petition on change.org. It is a web site set up "to raise awareness about important causes and empower people to take action with leading nonprofits". It is administered by Obama campaign people and the White House takes it seriously.
There are many many causes and not all are supported by everyone. But that is the whole point... people indicate their support and the more people who support a cause, the more attention it gets in DC.

It also allows you, as a member to post your own causes, and raise money for your favorite nonprofit organizations.

It's a very good use of the power of the internet.

Peaches
Old 05-01-2009, 05:43 PM
luckitri

Thanks! I have a problem with 12 million illegal immigrants getting made citizens so I got cured of change with the "Change to Win" Anthony Stern who sounded all good but is basically a union for illegals from my understanding so I probably just missed out on change.org thinking it was more of the same. All for naught since the UAW and AFL-CIO are working with the Obama administration to make their new members legal since they screwed over citizen members so many times for so many years that many of us opted out permanently. AWWWWW! OK I will shut up now - gets my bile up to say the least. I will investigate this site you bring to my attention.

Raw Freedom Community > Green Guide: Saving Our Planet One Choice at a Time