Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'

Living 'In The Raw' The place to discuss All-Things-Raw! From transitioning to the Raw Food Diet, to equipment, special techniques and more.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Smile What's for dinner?

I know we've had a few threads in the past keeping track of all the yummy foods we've been placing on our raw tables. What can I say? I love these threads as I always find such inspiration and great ideas as to what to uncook for myself.

After a few months of being pretty uninspired in the kitchen, I'm now starting to get into it again. (Yippee!) Lasagna, Bruschetta Pizza, Arugula Gnocchi, Italian Quiches, Green Pea Samosas and Mushroom Burgers are just some of the delicious meals I have been enjoying lately.

Tonite's menu is:
- A soup I'll create using the left over filling for the quiches
- Mixed green salad with Ingrid's Tomato dressing
- A variation of my Spinach & cream Casserole using left over cashew sauce from the samosas

Oh, and I've been playing in the kitchie today, so desert will be a variation of Matthew Kenney's chocolate cake batter. Recipe and pics coming up soon..

So tell me... What's for dinner in your homes?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Meadowlark

The past month, I have been eating very simply. It seems since I did that Diva Detox.

Tonite will be:

Bubbies Saurkraut
Broccoli Salad (Post on GoneRaw and here)
Leafy greens with Chia Mustard Dressing.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Meadowlark

This morning, I had about 14 ounces of green juice (lettuce, lemon, ginger, chard, collards and apple), then before leaving for school I had the berry spinach smoothie I posted on here.

At school, I had baby greens with diced tomato, sliced mushrooms and a serving of dulse, with a mustard ACV EVOO dressing (packed separately before leaving).

Then, back from school mid afternoon, I had a slice of Heathy's strawberry chocolate cake (without crumb layer).

For dinner, I had cooked food, but I plan on turning this recipe raw, so I'll keep you posted
Old 04-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Meadowlark

Gout Smoothie. lol. I am trying to come up with a green smoothie to help a friend with gout but they are a SAD eater so it can't taste TOOOO green. The first version had parsley and dandelion to go with the required celery and I am sure he wouldn't like it.
Today's version came out pretty good and sweet. I have so much left over it will be dinner tonite.

coconut water
aloe vera
1 date
banana
1/2 bag frozen organic cherries
5 stalks of celery
spinach
Alive powder
Old 04-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Swallow

just had pizza on the calzone dough - it was my first time making that recipe and i think my second or third time actually ever FOLLOWING a recipe (okay, i didn't exactly measure the flax, but i'm pretty sure it was the right amount) and it was deeeelish. even my kids ate it. ***i did omit the garlic, it would be amazing with that - but i am off garlic
pizza bread with parsley and kale pesto (garlic free) with olives warmed in the D very yum and filling
Old 05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Hatchling

I had green smoothie - made with my daughters left over green grapes, banana, fresh mint, cucumber and mixed salad leaves.

Lunch was late and I was starving so I had a big helping of the broccoli salad that was posted here the other day - my new favourite, tweaked a bit, but I did include the soy bacon bits..............:

Then I had a big slice of a variation of one of heathys apple pies, very rustic with cinnamon and vanilla and dusted with dried coconut - not sure if my personal tweaks would be everyones taste - but I enjoyed it.

Dinner was a large salad with some cooked food and the last bit of the apple pie

It's May Bank holiday here in the UK - so I may get the chance to try a few more raw recipes - unless the sun comes out. very rare so we have to make the most of it!

Joherb
Old 05-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Meadowlark

What's for Dinner?

BAAAAAAAD Middle Eastern Food. It's mum's birthday dinner. And that is the restaurant of her choice. I cry. I laugh.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Ah:

un Rice
pea pods salad
Asparagus,,,,,,just blanched....... no one wants it RAW
and burgers

and and and from Matthew Kenneys Raw World a Strawberry Tart!!!!
it's the best so far................
Old 05-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Swallow

burgers? like...nut burgers?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:59 PM

like nut portobello burgers yes! lol Joz
Old 05-03-2009, 06:03 PM

o.k. o.k. I'm sooooooooooooooo stressed out..... going to court tomorrow...........my hubby's ex wants more alimony and we have to prove that she does not need it.....she's better off than we are .....etc. i'm sooooooooooooooo stressed...............

I fell in; into the old comfort food for stress relief !!!

baked potato! wow................it did bring that old comfort feeling ........... how so addicted we remain to SAD foods and it all shows up or attacks us when we'r down or stressed or hurt.............

the story goes when I was 7 I almost did not make it... I was in 'coma' for three days.... then I woke up and the nun nurses saw me sit up in bed they ran into the room............I told them I wanted 'POTATOS' to eat!!! to this day............ potatoes do the trick for me.

THAT WAS MY DINNER! and smoothie. and now back to paper work and more stresss.................. till after the court....
Old 05-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Meadowlark

Bleh, good luck with court thing. Potatoes ARe great comfort food.

What's for Dinner?
I stayed at a friend's house over the weekend. The room mate makes the most unhealthy meat and cheese laden dinners and they snack on sugar filled sweets and refined sugary crackers. So, I said I want what *I* want this time. although I couldn't make a raw dinner, I did make a nice meat free, dairy fee, sugar free dinner with lots of greens for them for a change.

*HUGE bin of mixed greens and herbs and romaine for a salad with a simple dressing of lemon and EVOO adn spices.

*Baked eggplant, marinara, and rice cheese.

*Pizza wiht wholegrain crust and veggies, NO cheese.

*Gentle steamed baby green beans.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Chickadee

Pirawna,
That saurkraut you mentioned earlier sounds so good! Do you get it at the Health food store? I have been CRAVING vinegar, it's weird.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Meadowlark

Mmm! I forgot about my jar of Bubbies Kraut in my fridge since I was gone for the weekend!! I'm gonna have some for dinner tonite.

I got my last Bubbies Suarkraut at my HFS. But they carry Bubbies pickles and Kraut at my regular Vons, so it should be easy to get.

The Rejuvinate Brand of Kimchee and Kraut are only sold at my HFS.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Chickadee

Thanks..I will have to investigate, I know the local grocery does not have them. I'll probably have to breakdown and go to Wholefoods (hate to have to do it, but... )

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'