Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Forum Announcements and Support

Old 05-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

RFC's Second Anniversary and Ebook Giveaway

Read Original Entry Here

Our virtual baby, Raw Freedom Community, is getting ready to celebrate its second anniversary on May 20th (which also happens to be Don's birthday!)

Last year, I marked this special event by shining the spotlight on the forum's many talented recipe creators with the release of The Best of Raw Freedom Community. This ebook is a collective work featuring 99 recipes contributed by myself and 20 other RFC members.

With all that's been going on in our lives in the last little while, I don't foresee another ebook coming out any time soon, but that's not to say we can't go wild and party! ;-)

In addition to selling The Best Of The Sunny Raw Kitchen and The Best of Raw Freedom Community separately, I've decided to also offer them together as one convenient package. You can now purchase these two best sellers with a single click!

The package will be available for a sliding scale starting at $19.98, but for this special anniversary occasion, from now until the 20th, you can purchase if for only $15.99!

To order the RFC Anniversary ebook package, simply click on the link below and make your donation via Paypal.

The downloading instructions for the ebooks will be sent to your inbox shortly after you've completed your payment. (If you don't receive it, you might want to make sure it hasn't been sent to your SPAM or junk folder!)

For those of you who are in the process of getting familiar with the forum's nooks and crannies, here are a few of the things you can do while visiting our site:

- Find out what RFC is about by looking at the FAQs (under 'Quick Start Guide')

- Meet our members and tell us a little about yourself (under 'Introduce Yourself')

- Drool over mouth-watering recipe photos in the 'Photo Only Thread'

- Browse through our ever-growing virtual recipe book, or post your favorites raw recipes

- Set up your homepage, start a blog, or build your network via our awesome new Zoints Local feature.

- Share what it's like 'Living in the Raw' (under The Sunny Raw Lifestyle)

- Talk about all-things-kids in our Raw Freedom Kids section

- Browse through RFC's 'Library' of links and resources

- Just 'Hang Out' and talk about whatever...

- Read some great tips to improve your navigation of RFC's site

- Find out how you can customize RFC's look by choosing from 14 different templates while surfing RFC!

- Check out Some Rawesome RFC Threads

And last but not least, I simply can't miss this opportunity to make a few people happy! In the spirit of celebration, I'm giving away 3 recipe ebook packages. In order to enter the contest, you just need to leave a comment - either in this thread or over at my blog - telling us how including more raw foods in your diet has had a positive impact on your health and your life in general.

The winners will be announced on the evening of May 20th.

A special thanks to all the wonderful members of our dear "fammunity" - as we've come to affectionately call it. It wouldn't be the warm and inspiring place that it is if it wasn't for you!

Happy Bird-Day RFC!

Last edited by Carmella : 05-12-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

HAPPY HAPPY 'BIRD' DAY RFC !!!!!!!!!!!

Joz
Old 05-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Chickadee

Happy B/Day RFC! I continue to grow UP, but never quick enough.

Carmella is this the place to enter for the 'draw?' Thanks bunches for leading the flock well. The proof is in the pudding and we see it every second of the day when we visit or in our own personal lives.

Now I would love to enter the draw as I have words to share still. Thanks.

carolg
Old 05-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Meadowlark

Very cool! Happy Birthday RFC!!

I have both e-books, so in honor of this birthday, I'm going to make one of Carmella's cakes this coming weekend from one of the e-books!! I have plenty of almond pulp in the freezer too. And hopefully my 7 inch spring form pan will arrive in the mail before Friday. Or I'll just make a recipe with an 8 incher.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

Happy Birthday to us!!! Thank you Carmi, Donnie and everyone who is a member of our fammunity for creating such a wonderful space for each of us to grow, learn and share.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Thank you lovies! I feel so blessed that Life has made this forum adventure possible. Came out of nowhere I tell ya!

Carolg,
Sorry, I should have specified in my post. You can leave a comment either in this thread or at my blog. In any case, I'd recommend anyone to hop over and read some of the rawkin' comments people have been leaving over there. I'm getting goose bumps reading them! Good stuff!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Swallow

**pre-contest posting: HUGE HUGE thank you to Carmella AND all the blissing souls around here! this place is a wonder-full resource, as well as the bolg: to get a realistic and inspiring view of journeys and adventures in raw and alternative thinking and lifestyle. I am always telling my friends here at home of the great forum i have found for resources, and encourage people to come here for information, inspiration and AMAZING life-tested recipes. It is a lovely support system that i know has helped me keep inspired and creative and expanding my horizons (infinitely !)... )**

Although i have been eating well and fairly high raw for many years i have definitely increased that in the past 2 years, discovering raw crackers, breads and such and discovering real recipes and other people who are interested, committed and creative in their journeys. The biggest shift i notice, even going from nutritious, plenty raw to higher raw is a sense of peace in my body, my self. Cravings and emotions are calmed and i have more energy, a more restful sleep, and therefore: patience. I have 2 young kids, and I feel really good about serving them healthy, life-supporting foods that they really ENJOY! It is a good feeling knowing that i am supporting their health when i feed them, and that they are learning good eating habits. I know this movement is spreading like wildfire, and I love learning how to create a new dish and share and inspire people! The feeling of making some Nourishing food that makes people have a little spark of joy, or pleasure is so wonderful! Knowing this food is healing and infused with energy and life makes it even better! What we eat is a choice many of us are lucky enough to have, and can be a concrete first step in healing and rejuvenating our lives: it can be the kick start to a more wholesome life.

blessings to all and bushels of gratitude too!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Meadowlark

Okay, here is my contest entry post:

I found Carmella's blog by chance and the lovely recipes made me take a second look into this raw food thing.

I have known for years that raw food is best, so I tried to make a big salad once a day. But years ago, a couple of small raw books I got depressed me. I couldn't eat that simple when I loved gourmet food and restauirants too much.

But Carmella's blog excited me! I thought I would never even cook my gourmet whole foods and vegetarian meals again after my fiance passed, but these new delectables excited me. And so I began my journey.

And now I my skin is nicer, my energy is up. I actually walk and rebound becaue I WANT to. I am "calmer" and less distressed. My weight is closer to where it should be as I am always battling that 5-8 pounds. My "tire" is just about gone. And after almost 9 months, I am starting to get comments that I look good, but they can't really place what it is. I hope I am getting that elusive "glow"!

Last edited by Pirawna : 05-13-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Meadowlark

Yay! Happy B-day! I was cooking from the Best of RFC book a few days ago and thought "hey! It's RFC's birthday soon!"
Old 05-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Happy Bird-day RFC!!!

Happy B-Day Donnie!

Remember that you guys have until end of this afternoon to order the RFC Anniversary ebook package at the special price of $15.99 and to enter the giveaway.

Wishing you all a lovely joy-full day!

Hugs,
Carmi
Old 05-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Chickadee

Am I Late? That's ok if so, just wanted to say Happy B day RFC!

Since coming to this huge wealth of Raw knowledge I have done so many new and awesome things with equipment I never even new I needed! I have also been able to get my Hubby and Children drinking green juices and smoothies on a daily basis...and that is an amazing feat right there! I also have ((gasp)) been craving greens and fruits and feel that this has been such a huge inspiration! I agree with Pirawna, I am not happy eating simply al of the time, I need to spice it up! Keep up with the awesome recipes guys!
Love it!!!!!! Mandy
Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Hatchling

My entry:

I was feeling "under the weather" in July 2007 and I started daydreaming about how good it used to feel feeling good. I wanted to mark up my condition to aging but that just didn't fly because I knew better. I have known people older then me who were alive and active and feeling good. Thats when I googled "raw foods". The reason I googled "raw foods" went back to a time when I found some answers. It was the mid 1980's and my digestion was bad. I was gassy and burping up bad tastes. I found my answers in a book titled "Fit For Life" by the Diamonds and my digestive problems were solved with natural methods. To this day I practice the food combining principals I found in their book. I also got a look at Natural Hygiene and raw foods in their book.
So when I googled "raw foods" I found a raw food forum and went there and after reading some of the threads I knew I was going to put raw to the test. I joined the forum and started asking questions and seeking information. I joined the 30 days raw challenge on Aug 1, 2007 and went all raw, all at once.
I completed the 30 days raw without any problems and felt fantastic. I knew I was "home" eating fresh raw vegan foods and working on incorporating the other aspects of the raw food lifestyle into my life. I have learned along the way as I have "slipped" and had learning experiences but through it all I always knew in my "knower" that raw was right for me and when its all said and done I would be raw. I have continued to stay the raw course learning and growing and hopefully contributing to others based on my experiences as I practice the raw food lifestyle.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 PM
luckitri

Me too! Me too!

Well long-time readers know I have been very ill for a long time - disablingly ill. It is a very complex situation and for quite awhile I was too ill to eat raw. A simple trip to the store would so exhaust me that my spinach would be wilted before I could wash it 3 days later. Even if I got up my legs ached so much that standing in the kitchen was not something I could sustain for more than a few minutes.

Well I am getting better - slowly, but I am I am!

Funny thing is that when I was closest to 100% I refused to eat any nuts. At work I really suffered and had to gorge myself every break. Well, now that I have equipment and have incorporated nuts I can really see going 100% much more easily. I made a corn-nut soup yesterday for lunch and it was so filling that my husband forgot about his SAD dinner! Our son is going on a month long vacation (his first) next week and so I will have one month to ply my husband with raw foods without my son insisting on teen foods - maybe convert hubby a little more?

In my case it seems that every time I conquer one health problem another serious one pops up so I think that the underlying cause might be enzyme deficiency and inflammation so I did want to have a garden this year but maybe I just need to concentrate on learning this new cuisine, my new equipment and how to store and organize the recipes in the computer that I still don't know how to use. (I did plant some stuff out front but digging the backyard is out of our reach physically.)

I am hoping to get physically well enough to possibly follow in Joz's footsteps or become a raw food chef locally or pioneer some raw fast food concepts for a chain eatery that is adapted to fresh and local. (So complex!) So I will have to find some way to prove that raw has made me well in order to qualify for financial aid if I do the fast raw eatery chain cuz this disability thing really shot my credit! It would be really nice to get lean and have muscle enhancement like I did first time raw - and I don't care if I'm over 50 - I want my Michelle Obama arms back! Ha ha!

Oh P.S. People like me really do need some leading. I first heard of raw foods back in 1980 when Dr. Gabriel Cousens moved to Arizona. But I knew no-one actually doing it so I just tried it by myself - all I ate was raw fruits and vegetables - it did not go well and I had to give it up.

Last edited by luckitri : 05-20-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Forum Announcements and Support