Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition

Old 05-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Hatchling

I'm so confused...

My chiropractor says that I should be taking an animal based omega supplement. He's all about health & wellness, and he is amazed and curious about a raw diet, and we talk about it every time I see him (which is 1 - 2 times a week). He is not trying to discourage me in any way at all. (I wouldn't let him anyway ) He went to a seminar given by Dr. Chestnut, and shared some information with me. Please read it and let me know what you think.

https://www.innatechoice.com/omega3facts.cfm
Old 05-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

I asked Andreas Moritz, he states that he would rather be deficient in some things than get it from ''animals'' the defficiency will balance ???itself I'll search and see if I still have that e-mail........

read and share with your chiropractor this.

http://www.rawfreedomcommunity.info/...ght=meat+kills

Joz
Old 12-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Meadowlark

There's no need to be deficient in anything: You can have your full health and get all your vital EFA's and get them from optimal, non-animal sources, too! EFA deficiency is rampant and not something I would consciously choose to be deficient in, and I don't know of any sound health advisors that would tell somebody such advice, personally. It's a noble personal ethical stand, but why not simply offer a superior source as a solution?

It sounds like your dr. cares about you and is suggesting you increase your omegas - sound advice for most americans. It also sounds like you may be in a position to educate him a bit as well, which is pretty cool! He's coming from a background that is not American Medical Association based, but still is more conventional. Nothing wrong with that, especially since he sounds open-minded and interested in the diet you are telling him about. Surely, it resonates. I ran a chiropractic office for almost 3 years and loved it, learned so much. The philosophy is very similar to that of the living foods lifestyle......

I'm quite positive that if you presented him with nutritional data on Udo's Oils , he would be very hard-pressed to find a reason why it would not be an ideal supplement for your needs. There is a wellspring of information and scientific support on that site, it is the Rolls Royce of EFA supplements, without question. And you are getting your 3's, 6's and 9's in the correct ratio, processed and packaged correctly, and at a therapuetic level. He likely is unaware of the product, and it sounds like he would be very interested in it to boot!

Let us know how it turns out!

Last edited by SchoolOfRAWk : 12-16-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition