Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Desserts and Sweet Treats

Old 06-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Chickadee

Pineapple Icebox Dessert

From the book Ani’s Raw Food Desserts by Ani Phyo.

Pineapple Icebox Dessert

Ingredients:

Crust:
2 cups cashews
Seeds from 1 vanilla bean or 1 tablespoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
2 tablespoons agave syrup

Filling:
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/3 cup agave syrup
1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
1/4 cup filtered water, as needed
2 1/2 cups chopped cored pineapple

Directions:
(In her format, not my usual numbered steps.)

To make the crust, combine the cashews and vanilla in the food processor and chop to a crushed wafer texture. Add the agave syrup and process to mix well. Sprinkle half of the crust onto the bottom of a loaf pan.

To make the filling, combine the cashews, agave syrup, and coconut oil in the high-speed blender and blend until smooth, adding water as needed to create a creamy texture. Spoon the mixture into a mixing bowl, add the pineapple, and stir to mix well. Spoon the filling into the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining crust on top. Pat lightly. Freeze for 2 hours or until chilled.

Will keep for 4 to 6 days in the fridge or for several weeks in the freezer.

Carolg

"From the book Ani's Raw Food Desserts by Ani Phyo. Excerpted by arrangement with Da Capo Lifelong, a member of the Perseus Books Group. Copyright 2009. Find out more at www.dacapopresscookbooks.com.

If you have further questions please contact Lindsey Triebel at Perseus Books:
Lindsey.Triebel@perseusbooks.com"

Last edited by Mosaica : 06-14-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Meadowlark

Yum, thank you Carol! I'll probably try it as soon as I get some raw cashews.

I'm thinking of using half really raw cashews and half regular "raw" cashews from the store, as they are fairly expensive.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

Hey, this is from our Joyce's blog! I recognize the pictures she posted on the forum.
The recipe looks pretty good to me, I might make it soon, but with less cashews too... or maybe I'll skip the crust?
Old 06-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Hatchling

Yum!

That looks verrrry yummy!!! thank you!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Chickadee

Yes, saw cake picture and teaser of "ingredients" at first at Joyce's blog, but found recipe at another site. I'm glad she made it, gave us the teaser and I can wow over it.

I need to buy coconut butter first. I need to find coconut oil. I assume they are both in solid form. Oh, yes, need to buy cashews.

I love Joyce's blog. I LOVE HER POSTS HERE TOO BESIDES HER BLOG............

carolg
Old 06-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Meadowlark

Yes, Joyce is the bomb
Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Meadowlark

Thanks for the kind words ladies

Carolg, did Ani Phyo post her recipe publicly on the internet? If not, should we get her blessing/permission to put her recipe out on an open forum like this? The recipe is from her copywrited book.

I just opened up her new book and here's what's in print:

"All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the permission of the publisher.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Meadowlark

Because the recipe is copywrited, I didn't copy it onto my blog. That could get me into trouble. But there's no problem with mentioning the ingredients which is what I do for recipes coming from a book. Her book is only like $12 bucks. I highly recommend it! Heck, it's cheaper than a jar of coconut oil
Old 06-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

the recipe is here:

Click here: http://alteredplates.blogspot.com/20...-desserts.html

Raspberry Ganache!

and here is one more: http://www.aniphyo.com/

http://rawepicurean.net/2009/05/10/r...he-fudge-cake/

Last edited by wyjoz : 06-08-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Meadowlark

Yea I didn't realize this wasn't allowed (it is allowed with the Veganomicon, but I guess that's a special case). That's why I'm not posting any more recipes
Old 06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Yea I didn't realize this wasn't allowed (it is allowed with the Veganomicon, but I guess that's a special case). That's why I'm not posting any more recipes
hmmmmmmmmmmm the way J.O.Y.C.E had it just listing majority of the ingredients as she made the cake on her blog is o.k. She did not disclose the recipe! or saying '''adopted''' from a reciepe and then list the ingredients not measurements...and add or change your own ingredient......

p.s. Ani's book -- the recipes! she did not give credit to where she got the recipes from for many recipes..... and changing pistachios for other nuts does not 'her' recipe make either.....who's Peach Cobbler recipe is it????pistachio's or other nuts????? ha???
.........so who is getting 'legal' ??? or 'illegal'' or follows copywrited protocol???? I'm just wondering how far will people push this issue? WOW!
to Health! Joz
Old 06-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

Exclamation

Here's what the US Copyright Office says:

"Mere listings of ingredients as in recipes, formulas, compounds, or prescriptions are not subject to copyright protection. However, when a recipe or formula is accompanied by substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions, or when there is a combination of recipes, as in a cookbook, there may be a basis for copyright protection."
Old 06-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Chickadee

Thanks Mosaica, I have always questioned this issue and have always been to nervous to post a recipe (not that I ever follow one step for step) but still...
Old 06-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

Smile

I think there is no reason for freaking out. We are posting recipes here with the best intention, promoting healthy eating. Credit has been given to the creator of the recipe, so it could even be a good (and free) advertisement, resulting a few more sold books.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Chickadee

Wish I had come here sooner.

I got a courteous email behind the scenes. This person couldn't find recipe anywhere online so I assume that meant I was lying that I found it online. I don't lie. I was at library and not at hm. computer yesterday so it was a time waster to hunt for link that Joz also found and posted. I didn't see that till I got here a little bit ago after my hunt responding to reading that private email. It was found at http://alteredplates.blogspot.com/.

I don't own Ani book but still it was copied from that link.

I gave credit to Ani, I put the book name down, and also I see ANI has several recipes at her blog that have recipe amounts and ingredients. I didn't give it a second thought to ask her permission for copyright protection.

I hope it increases the sales of this great looking book. This was solely intended to share with everyone as I have seen this and other sites do across the net.

Thanks Mosaica for copyright info. I can't imagine these type of sites or blogs avoiding the amounts and the ingredients to a recipe, but anything is possible. I would hate for us to be "afraid" to post recipes with good intentions and lose sleep over copyright laws. Still there will never be another Ani the way she creates stuff, Carmella, Snow, Joyce, Joz and all here.

I hope this is the evidence to the person who wrote me behind the scenes that I wasn't lying, don't and found Ani great recipe online. Yup, online it was and still remains posted at the link I posted.

My friend www.brigittemars.com has plenty of recipes you can see at her website. Knowing her she would not bat an eyelash for you to share them here. Maybe more sales for her books.

Bored and need busy work? Why not hunt down those who post recipes w/ingredient quantities of others? It would be a forever, unending job. I don't want that one. I just rather share, give credit to the author, and if a book, mention the title. I can't see breaking any laws doing it this way, but there is always room to learn if Joyce or someone knows better. I'm not up on the current law today. It could change tomorrow. Whew.

carolg

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Desserts and Sweet Treats