Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Soups

Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Hatchling

Talking Yummy Dill Cauliflower Soup

So, lacking in my own creativity, I usually piggy back off of the exceptional culinary skills of the rest of the RFC community. That and I work way too much so I don't really do anything exceptional when I cook (which means I am not ordering from my favorite raw food resto in the city and eating a salad). So, in my rare moments of "raw inspiration" (rare as they are) I am eager to share. My only other recipe post was the eggless egg salad which apparently went over well with the group. Slow at work and recently back from an amazing trip to Cuba to see family, I had some time on my hands and was craving all types of veggies (many of which are obsolete in Cuba unless you are at a resort) and yes, the cauliflower at the bodega was calling my name. Having no idea what I would do with it, I purchased the scrumptuous devil along with some fresh dill and wondered what would await me at the recipe blogs. Carmella's recent post linked me somehow, I think to Matt Amsden's Curried Cauliflower Soup and thus the short cooking journey began - except I didn't have curry. Here is what I came up with and I hope you enjoy as I have been licking my bowl inappropriately for 2 days now. Enjoy ----

I basically just subbed fresh dill, black pepper and a dash of cayenne and decreased the fat content. I have reposted with the modifications below. It was quite a treat in the New York Midtown heat today at lunch.

Dill Cauliflower Soup

1 cup water (or more depending on preference of thickness) (use coconut water if you have it)
1/8 cup stone pressed olive oil (up to 1/4 cup if you prefer heavier soups)
1/8 cup Nama Shoyu
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 cups cauliflower
3 ribs celery
1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts (up to 1/3 cup if you prefer heavier soups)
fresh dill (I probably put in like 1/4 - 1/2 c lightly packed)
1/4 tsp garlic powder (I don't use real garlic bulbs as it doesn't sit well with me, but go for it if it works for you)
1/4 tsp onion powder (same reason as the garlic comment)
1/4 to 1/8 dash cayenne (use jalapeno or other spice for a different kick)
five to six turns on the pepper mill (white pepper worked a little better taste wise the second time)

Blend and serve, enjoy (I had some pine nut cheese spread (purchase from Organic Avenue so I have no recipe) with celery stalks as a side today, which was a nice balance as the soup is actually really light)

Modifications, Comments are always welcome!

Last edited by coquito : 07-16-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: UPDATED RECIPE
Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Thanks for sharing this new creation, coquito. In general, I'm not a fan of raw cauli, but I do remember liking Matt's soup so will be giving yours a try when I come back from Montreal.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Soups