Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > General Library > General Book and Video Reviews

Old 08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Elaina Love Chinese e-book

Flavors of China E-Book $5.00

http://www.purejoyplanet.com/store/p...c032bdf4378a40

All New recipes created in June of 2009! Not in either one of Elaina's Books

Enjoy all the flavors of China in the Raw, Vegan form!

Pot Stickers
Coconut wraps for pot stickers
Veggie skin recipe as an alternative to the coconut wrap and can be used for many other recipes too.
Dip for Pot Stickers- you get 3 different recipes:
The traditional dip,
Hoisin Sauce
Sweet and Sour Sauce.
You choose which one you want to make.
Chinese Rice- Using Wild Rice and a special technique to make it seem more like soft, white rice, tender marinated veggies and lots of flavorful ingredients.
Low Mein- The key ingredient here is Kelp Noodles. Elaina adds just the right combination of seasonings, vegetables and Umami to make this very authentic and delicious.
Broccoli-Oyster Mushroom Dish- tender broccoli in a buttery vegan "oyster sauce" with savory mushrooms. So scrumptious!
Durian Ice Cream- A true treat. If you are not familiar with Durian this is the perfect way to get your first taste in. This is a unique and special fruit. When make into an ice cream it's just...wow!!!
For the first time ever you can get these recipes instantly by downloading this e-book.

Elaine is doing a Indian Delights Class in Medford (with Joz) September 13 th! I can't wait to work with and for ''da'' master chef!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Meadowlark

Holi moli that sounds great! I'll have to get that e-book for sure! I'm very curious about the wild rice and her technique! A successful raw wild rice dish would be good for the hubby who's eating more and more raw foods into his vegan diet. (yay!!) And that lo mein also sounds intriguing!!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Rawbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.o.y.c.e View Post
I'm very curious about the wild rice and her technique!
The technique for "blooming" wild rice is simple and straightforward -- check out the recipe by Cherie Soria as she explains how it is done:

Asian Wild Rice Pilaf

Yield: 2 cups (2 to 3 servings)

It’s worth the 24 hours it takes to “bloom” this wild rice, which not really rice or even grain--it is a seed that grows in marshes, mostly in Canada and the northern United States. It is harvested by Native Americans and processed in their traditional method, which involves smoking. Even though it is not technically raw, most raw food enthusiasts enjoy wild rice when it has been soaked until it “blooms” to a fluffy texture. A few drops of toasted sesame oil gives this wild rice dish a traditional cooked flavor makes it a wonderful compliment to any Asian meal.

1/2 cup wild rice
2 cups purified water
1 small rib of celery, diced
1/2 green onion, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, shredded ( 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup mung sprouts
1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons minced cilantro, packed
1 1/2 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon tamari
3/4 teaspoon light miso
1/4 teaspoon Hot Lava Sauce

1. Rinse the wild rice and place it in a 1 quart glass jar. Fill the jar with purified water, and place the covered jar in a 105-degree dehydrator for 24 hours to soften and “bloom”.
2. Drain the rice well and put it into a large bowl. Add the celery, green onion, carrot, sesame seeds, cilantro, mushrooms, onion powder, and garlic, and stir.
3. Combine the lemon juice, oils, tamari, miso, and Hot Lava Sauce in a small bowl, and whisk to blend.
4. Add the lemon-oil mixture to the rice mixture and stir again, thoroughly.
5. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to four days.

Recipe given by Cherie Soria – Living Light Culinary Arts Institute Newsletter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Asian$20Wild$20Rice$20Pilaf.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	3447  
Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Meadowlark

Wow thanks for posting that!! you rock Rawbie!!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Rawbie

Here is another recipe that includes information on how to "bloom" wild rice in a dehydrator:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Raw-Food-Rec...oned-Wild-Rice

Check out the video in the link especially at the end when the lady was done preparing her raw dishes using seasoned wild rice -- yummy!

Enjoy!
Old 08-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

I want to learn how to do the ""Pot Stickers" I'll be able to find out from her..............when we are doing unCooking when she comes !

Yea !
Old 08-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyjoz View Post
I want to learn how to do the ""Pot Stickers" I'll be able to find out from her..............when we are doing unCooking when she comes !

Yea !
Very cool! Do let us know how it all goes! Sounds great!

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > General Library > General Book and Video Reviews