Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'

Living 'In The Raw' The place to discuss All-Things-Raw! From transitioning to the Raw Food Diet, to equipment, special techniques and more.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Hatchling

Why Kangen?

I currently own a Jupiter Microlite ionizer, which produces water around 9.5. I am under the impression that all ionizers basically work the same. The pre-filtration may be different, I'm sure-but is this what makes Kangen different? I also understand 50% of cost accrue to MLM.

I would consider owning a Kangen if I could use compare it to other top=of-the-line models (many of whom have been in the business a lot longer than Kangen).

Has anyone actually done unbiased experiencial comparisons.

BTW, I like alkaline water. It feels smoother going down-more like a food, and is definitely energizing. My first glass of 9.5 kept me up half the night.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Meadowlark

Kangen is the only one that is approved of as a medical device. It has more than one setting, and it is made to last. The others are cheaper knock-offs, but if they purify and alkalize water, go for it.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Hatchling

I do not know about Kangen water. But when I tried to understand alkaline water from the guys selling the machine, it is just adding inorganic minerals to the filtered water (from reverse osmosis) to make it alkaline.

Rawbie is right, our body can adjust the pH level in our fluid and blood within a tight range. However, if we consume too much meat or artificial chemical/flavouring/preservatives, it will leach out the alkaline-forming minerals eg calcium from our body (to neutralize the acidity) and cause our blood to be become less alkaline. Eating vegetables and fruits replace those alkaline minerals (after digestion) to help our body remain at the right pH.

Scientifically, pH is measured by the amount of H+ and OH- in the fluid. Acid and alkaline neutralize each other. If we drink alkaline water (with more ionized OH-) into our stomach which is of pH2-3, I would think that it might affect our digestion process since we need the high acidity condition to effectively digest protein. But if we drink fluids that contain lots of alkaline-forming minerals (in organic form, not ionized), after digested and absorbed into our blood, it will help our body to maintain pH balance that it needs.

just share my thoughts...
Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Meadowlark

Good point. But scientifically, it's bad to drink anything while you are eating. Or "not optimal" I should say. It dilutes stomach acids, no matter wht the pH, and compromises digestion. We're really only supposed to drink in between meals, and water is only in the stomach 5 minutes.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Hatchling

I tested my water(from the machines next to supermarkets) with strips and it was acidic, but after a few drops of fresh lemon juice it was alkaline...
Old 10-24-2011, 02:20 AM
Hatchling

Alkaline Water

I've tried the alkaline water produced by the Tyent USA water ionizers. This ionized alkaline water/kangen water can flush out the impurities from our body and helps in balancing the acid-alkaline body pH neutral. Alkaline water also hydrates your skin to prevent premature aging.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'