Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Growth and Self-Knowledge

Growth and Self-Knowledge "An unexamined life is a life not worth living." Socrates

Old 02-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Chickadee

Hi! Some good advice here. How about increasing your Raw food library? Talk to your husband and ask him to maybe buy Raw food books and/or DVDs instead of the treats he thinks you will like. And maybe have a recipe your family - hubby included would like and picks out, once a month - have an "all Raw day"? Relationships are 50/50.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Mountain Blue Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veganforlife View Post
And maybe have a recipe your family - hubby included would like and picks out, once a month - have an "all Raw day"? Relationships are 50/50.
This is actually quite good and practical. My "guys" did actually ask me for this!!! Would you believe 2 very-carnivorous dudes eating raw for a meal (or a day)? This epiphany occurred to them after I had some raw friends over (yeah, Carmi and Don!). The influence of the "new comer" was quite surprising... My men had, at the very least, a good portion of each meal raw during the entire stay of our guests. They tried some new raw foods they never cared for before.

So, invite raw friends over, or have a smoothie party, institute "raw Saturday" (or any other day), or anything... Get him involved. He might actually like it!

Have him read this article. I know he doesn't want to transition to raw foods. But, he might get a good laugh out of it! It's about men transitioning to raw food. And it does contain some rather ... provocative arguments in favour of the said diet! Héhé! Who knows???

And the 50/50 part... so true! Don't we all know it!

Playfully, xx
Old 05-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Hatchling

if you give in to the sabotage

and eat it, your body will probably hate it! You'll feel tired, and icky. So make sure he knows how you feel! Complain complain complain I feel so icky. Eventually he will enjoy you better when you feel good, not bad.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Hatchling

Have you tried sitting down with him and really talking this out? I refuse to believe that he would not support you in this, were he to be fully aware of your dedication and intent on being raw. Perhaps he simply does not understand. Any life change is challenging and we should be able to count on the support of those who love us. But sometimes, facing temptation in the eye and turning it down is its own reward. if we are able to do this, then really, there's nothing we can't face and win!
Best of luck to you, I really hopes he comes around.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Hatchling

Similar to me

hubby is t-rex, and eats alot of junk. But I buy groceries and we're on a budget. The problem is I still buy pizza, chips and cinnamon buns for him.
I'm tempted sometimes, but now 100%. I make sure they are behind closed doors, so I don't see them. It's tempting if I see them too much.
Have you taken closeups of your face and eyes? Make comparisons. Guys often don't notice stuff unless you give them proof

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Growth and Self-Knowledge