Yummy cinnamon scented apple rings that will make your kitchen smell delicious. I use an apple/corer peeler to go faster, and it makes perfect little rings too. The cinnamon adds spiciness and the lucuma adds sweet creaminess.
- 6-8 sweet, firm apples (I used Fuji apples)
- 1 T powdered cinnamon
- 1 t powdered lucuma
- Peel and slice the apples into rings. An apple slicer/corer works great for this. Mix the cinnamon and lucuma together.
- Arrange the apple rings on mesh dehydrator trays. Fill a wire mesh type tea ball (or small sieve) with the cinnamon-lucuma mixture. Sprinkle all apples slices evenly and generously.
- Dehydrate at 135 degrees for an hour. The apples are so high in moisture that despite the high temperature, the evaporation process will keep the apples raw.
- After an hour, lower the temperature to 110 and let the apples dry until they no longer show signs of moisture (overnight is good).
- Store in a sealed container. If the container shows signs of condensation, the apples were not dried long enough.