Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Natural Pregnancy, Birthing & Parenting > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' General

Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' General Everything from Nutrition, to Postpartum Care & Concerns, including Birthing Alternatives, Birth Plans and Birth Stories.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Chickadee

Not sure where this fits...

I am a HypnoBirthing instructor and feel that prebirth parenting and calm, nurturing birth experiences shape the future lives of mom and baby profoundly. I make a good living at it, but also realize that it is not available to people in many states and small towns.

Givben that our philosophy is very much in synch with the raw lifestyle, I wonder if any of you are interested in a exploring hypnobirthing in a remote format? Maybe conference calls, webchats, etc?

I am also passionate about facilitating pre-birth bonding sessions/meditations for soon2be moms and dads. This stuff is proven to make the birth experience...from conception to "delivery" and AFTER so much richer, with huge developmental benefits to baby!

The book by Mickey Mongan is awesome, and life changing, It makes me cry happy, hopeful tears! But, i think the difference between people who use it with insanely good success and those who just read and revert to outdated and unnecessarily traumatic birthing practices, is a matter of having a good guide, who understands how to teach you to harness your own hypnotic talents!

So, long story short, lemme know if any of you would like to discuss more.

Also, if this should be in a different section, lemme know!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Swallow

I have always been fascinated by this! If/when I am lucky enough to get pregnant (been trying for a couple of years), you'd better believe I'll be reaching out!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Finch

Talking Woohoo!

Now your name makes so much sense! (It reminded me of hypnobirthing, but thought, nahhhhh....!) I love it!

I tried the DVD/CD Classes with my second (did bradley birthing with #1), but my kids are 18 months apart, so I never had enough time to listen to the CD's in silence! I wish I would have done it with #1, then it would have been just a refesher for me with #2.

Please post more on this -- I think this section is perfect for it. Maybe change the Heading/Title to Hypnobirthing or something like that and we are good to go!

Can't wait to learn more from you! This is turnign into the best little place on earth!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Chickadee

Lightbulb Hypnobirthing

If you have another- practice makes perfect with Hypnobirthing! That's why I like to make sure there is plenty of dedicated practice time during class so my moms can go into their birth experience with total confidence in theri ability to have easy (often painless- wow! Sometimes ORGASMIC- double wow!) births.

So glad that you all are into it! I am passionate about it! (As many of you know I am about all hypnosis- the power is in YOU!)

Last edited by Raw Vegan Mama : 07-21-2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Title Change
Old 07-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Swallow

I would love to learn more. We may have one more!
Old 07-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Swallow

Im not ready for kids, but I am greatful for finding raw and through trying to change my lifestyle finding out info on things like this. For so long I had thought that having kids would be just a painful nightmare like it was for my mom (they ripped me out of here using tongs and she ripped and had no pain meds (thanks mom) and for the first few months I wouldn't stop screaming becuz they had damaged my neck). But through reading about things like this I see that it should be magical, and pain doesn't have to be a big part of it. For my poor mom I'm sure it was the moment the ambulance arrived in the snow storm and they strapped her down so she couldn't move to take her to the hospital.

So ya, I just want to thank everyone who shares thier experiences, and everyone who talks about this kind of stuff. It really has changed my thinking pattern on this now, before I have kids, which means there will be less scary bad thoughts to let go of how a lot of people think it is (pain, hospitals, drugs) when/if I do decide to have a child. I also think by showing one person at a time we could be changing hundreds of womens birthing experiences(people are good at talking), which is amazing, I don't think that we deserve to be so fearful of something so obviously amazing as meeting your baby and bringing them into this world.

So again thanks, and please please give us more info, I will soak it up like a sponge!
Old 07-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Chickadee

In so many other countries, women give birth without anyone but their partner or support coach and a midwife in attendance. It is simple and natural. How would humanity have survivied if it was really the bleeding medical traumna the media and our medieval ancestors wanted women to believe?? After all, a few years back, many women thought all sex had to be painful and was just a "duty"

In other countries women have an intense, but not painful labor (we call it transitioning, b/c without medical interference, stress, and "pushing"- which hardens/tenses the muscle- the cervix softens to naturally allow baby to just slip thru!)

First and foremost, HypnoBirthing is a system of DEPROGRAMMING erroneous beliefs about how women should SUFFER thru labor, a a sort of martyrdom, and in medieval times, a punishment for being the perveyors of original sin (EVE). ZWe do not hypnotize you into doing anything but getting back in tune with the natural rhythm and ease which should be thr tru nature of giving birth. It's life changing!

Birth is a sexual event...the culmination of a 9month sexual celebration!
Old 07-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Finch

Lightbulb Let your business be known...

You can also post your services in the Marketplace! Just a FYI

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Natural Pregnancy, Birthing & Parenting > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' General