Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Health General

Old 04-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Skin Cancer rising.....

From: WC Douglass, M.D. realhealth@healthiernews.com Daily Dose

Skin cancer rates rising at record pace

Skin cancer rates are skyrocketing at a shocking pace... and the so-called experts are STILL blaming the sun for a problem manufactured right here on earth.

New studies show that non-melanoma skin cancers hit more Americans than all other cancers combined, and five times as many people as breast or prostate cancer.

Here's how bad it is: Two million Medicare patients are treated for these skin cancers every year. Skin cancer cases shot up 77 percent between 1992 and 2006, and they're still increasing by 4.2 percent annually.

With numbers like that, you'd think even the experts might start to admit that we've been approaching this all wrong.

Of course not -- because those same experts are making a killing off all those procedures!

Just listen to the researchers behind one of these studies, which you'll find in the Archives of Dermatology. They're urging people to spend even less time in the sun
-- and to slather on even more sunscreen if they do dare venture outdoors.

Is anyone paying attention here?

If the sun was REALLY causing skin cancer, and if sunscreen prevented it, we'd be cancer-free by now.

We're already spending less time outside than ever, and wasting billions of dollars a year on needless, dangerous creams and lotions.

Meanwhile, just a couple of generations ago, we spent far more time out in the sun and ZILCH on sunscreen -- and skin cancer was practically unheard of.

One study last year spelled out what I've been saying all along: People with the highest levels of vitamin D have the lowest risk of skin cancer. Sure, you can get some of that from a pill... but historically, most people have gotten their D straight from the source: the sun.

Sunscreen not only blocks the sun and stops the body from making vitamin D...

but common ingredients in that gooey garbage have actually been linked to cancer, along with birth defects and sex problems.

Forget the experts -- their bad advice created this cancer explosion. Get outside more instead... just use a little common sense and head indoors when your skin starts to turn pink, and you'll be just fine.
William Campbell Douglass II, M.D.

***pH Acid diet and soda also too much fat is the cause!!!! joz
Old 04-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Hatchling

Thanks Joz for having fund this post

"Meanwhile, just a couple of generations ago, we spent far more time out in the sun and ZILCH on sunscreen -- and skin cancer was practically unheard of."
Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Hatchling

I totally agree. We do need to get our doses of vitamin D. I was one of those people growing up that slathered on sunscreen. For the past 2 years now, I started puting on sunscreen only on my face, neck and chest and actually started laying out for a little every day. Not enough to "bake" but enough to get my dosage of vitamin D. I think its crazy that the "derms" are telling people to avoid natural sunlight. Its rediculous!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

We need UVB at NOON to get the Vit D benefit.... It should be all body exposure and no creams except for prolonged exposure that might cause damage.....but then there are Sun Hats, Sun Umbrellas, long sleeve shirts and shade trees...... for protection....

to ; SUNSHINE IS PURE MEDICINE Andreas Morits and ''HEALER OF ALL DISESEASES''' E G White
Old 04-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Hatchling

Not all doctors are on the sunscreen kick. My endocrinologist is not. The first two tests he ran on me were my thyroid blood levels (of course) and a Vit D test. He asked if I go out and get regular sunshine. I kinda looked at him like, duh - I live in So Cal and I drive a convertible, so yes. He then asked if I put on sunscreen. Duh again! I've been preached to forever to slather on and protect my fair skin.

Imagine my surprise, when he told me to stop putting it on and start getting more sun. "I can remove a skin cancer, but I can't cure osteoporosis when it sets in."

He is even working with me and my raw diet to try and get me off of my meds that I have been on for over 10 yrs!

S
Old 04-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Hatchling

Stacy, keep your doctor carrefully. We don't find one like yours everyday! I know a wonderful one (but in another country...). Someone told me that in the USA I will not find one like mine, but they do exist!

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Health General