Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Desserts and Sweet Treats

Old 07-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Swallow

Talking Peach Cobbler

My friends tree was overflowing with peaches...so I got bags and bags. They are huge and delicious..mmm. Anyhoo...

I kinda combined a few others recipes into one of my own. And if I ever get the hang of the whole photo thing, I'll start posting pictures. Just trust me this is luscious!

Alrighty then:

~GOBBLING PEACH COBBLER~

Cobbler ingredients:
7 big peaches (skinned)
3 dashes of cinnamon
3 TBSP. of coconut oil
1/4 cup agave nectar
dash of sea salt

Crumble topping:
1 cup pecans
1 cup dates
2 TBSP. coconut oil
2 dashes of cinnamon
1tsp. vanilla

Put 5 peaches and the rest of cobbler ingredients in food processor, then pour into a glass casserole dish. Add 2 more peaches (chopped into bitesize chunks) to the dish, then crumble the topping on top! Place in dehydrator at 105 degrees for 2-3 hours. Deliciouso!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Swallow

Hi there Mishka, thank you so much for this recipe!!!!

Also, bumping up for you Carmella.

Yesterday, when we went to the Farmer's Market they had peaches, for the first time this season. YIPEE! Got home made this recipe and it is to live for! I could hardly believe it when I was eating it. After it came out of the dehydrator warm, it had thickened up a bit and was so delicious. My husband loved it too!

I have one of those round Snackmaster dehydrators, which means I can't use any kind of plate or dish. Believe me I have tried, and nothing I had in the house would fit. I was in Linens and Things and they had these little white round 5" ramekins? which are not very tall and guess what they fit! Wow! I was sooooo excited. And that's what I made the peach cobbler in. I made individual ones!

I also tried for the first time my creamed corn recipe made with fresh corn. It's usually baked in the oven, but I put it in those dishes and it was sooooo fantastic. What a day!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Blessings and peace,

Marcia
Old 07-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Thanks Mishka for posting this! It sounds divine!!! I cannot wait for our next rip to town! *crossing her fingers that peaches will have made their way from the Okanagan*

And thanks Marcia for bumping this up! I had totally missed it!
Individual cobblers are a wonderful idea! Good thinkin'!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Swallow

Hey Carmella you're welcome, anytime. I made two individual ones again today. I had leftover crumb topping from yesterday. Hey that's as good as an excuse as any to make more, don't you think?

When I was cutting up the peach that gets added after the other peaches are processed, I cut up a few bing cherries and added them with the cut up peaches. It was very beautiful and delicious!

Thanks again for posting this divine recipe Mishka!

Blessings and peace,

Marcia
Old 07-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Swallow

Marcia~

Yay! I'm so glad you and your dh enjoyed the peach cobbler ! My in-laws are here visting this week, and this is on my list to make for them. Tonight I made them their first batch of raw ice cream (cherry garcia), and that scored !!!!

Carmella~
Let me know if you like it !
Old 07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Breakfast as I type: PEACH COBBLER ! What a life ! Joz
Old 08-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Swallow

I made this for a group of friends yesterday evening, and they went nuts over it . I love it when I find a raw recipe that people who eat SAD also love.

It's just peachy over here ,
Mishka
Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Mute Swan

Oh my this was soooooooooo good! Thank you
Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Swallow

Db~

Awesome! I'm so glad you liked it !! Wooohooo!!

Just wanted to make a side note.... I have made it 2 ways now. One putting it in the dehydrator for 2-3 hours, and the other just putting it in the dehydrator for 10 minutes. My mother in law is here visiting , and tried it both ways and she really , really liked it better with it only in the dehydrator for 10 min.. So there may be others also that would enjoy it better this way too.

I have some in the fridge right now, (made it yesterday) and that's what I'm havin for dessert. Yum!

Mishka
Old 08-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

We got a super deal on organic peaches at a local fruitstand (.60/lb) so we bought 40 lbs. I had to wait for them to ripen first but finally got around to making this yesterday.

This was YUM-MY! Wow!

It turned out quite wet so I might have overprocessed the cobbler ingredients in the food processor. Has anyone else had a similar thing happen? I'm thinking I might try chopping the peaches and then mixing them with the other ingredients by hand next time. We got plenty to experiment with!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PeachCobblerW.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	512  
Old 08-14-2007, 03:39 AM
Swallow

Carmella, nice score on the organic peaches!

As far as it turning out quite wet, I did not have the happen and have made the recipe several times. Two thoughts though, you may or may not remember I made little individual ones and I see yours is bigger. My little ones kind of thickened up in the dehydrator. They were just perfect. But maybe the bigger amount had a hard time setting up, don't really know, but just a thought. The other thing, did you by any chance process all the peaches? In the recipe 5 are processed and two are sliced into bite size peaches and added that way, so some are more liquid and sauce like and some are in pieces, creating a nice balance between sauce and thickness.

That's all I can really think of, good luck with your organic peaches!!!!

Blessings and peace,

Marcia
Old 08-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Thanks Marcia,

I appreciate the reminder re: using smaller dishes. And you know what, I'm pretty sure I didn't get the amount of peaches right so I'll give it another try (probably very soon indeed! ). We had the left-overs last night and wow! That recipe is a real winner!
Old 08-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

I've just made this again, this time using individual bowls, as per Marcia's suggestion. I didn't put quite as many peaches in the fp as last time and added more by hand instead. The consistency turned out perfect!

I'm actually munching on some crumble as I'm writing this... to LIVE for!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Carmella; and all: I blended all the ingredients for filling with one big peach. Then added sliced peaches, I let them drain a little while! Joz
Old 08-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Scarlet Tanager

My first attempt turned out really runny, too, but delicious. Will definitely give this one another try!

"Let your food be your medicine and your medicine, your food." Hippocrates

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Desserts and Sweet Treats