Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Any ideas and suggestions about how to improve RFC Forum? Please post them here!

Old 07-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Finch

Lightbulb Quick Idea

I will respond a bit better in a bit!

However, I just had an idea.

We all agree that the MP is long. Sooo ---- Can we switch things up a bit and put the general section ahead of SRK and RFK??? And maybe make the RFK towards the end? Then -- no need to scroll so much?

WDYT?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Vegan Mama View Post

We all agree that the MP is long. Sooo ---- Can we switch things up a bit and put the general section ahead of SRK and RFK??? And maybe make the RFK towards the end? Then -- no need to scroll so much?

WDYT?
I have often thought that myself-----

It seems the specialty groups would go after the main health groups, to me.

I would vote, "ideally" for the following forum order:

RFC GENERAL

RFC COMMUNITY KITCHEN (because it has the main threads on the living foods lifestyle in it)

GENERAL

RAW FREEDOM KIDS

GREEN LIFESTYLE FORUM

YOUNG MEMBERS

LIBRARY

RFC SPECIAL INTERESTS

MARKET PLACE

Or generally that order...

*unless you added the Health (Other) and Fasting threads to the RFC KITCHEN forum, perhaps -- Should that forum be headed with the Kitchen? Should it be the The Sunny Raw Lifestyle, with the SRK forums listed underneath? It's more than a kitchen if it's all about living foods lifestyle info? Argh!

Carmella, another response soon regarding your awesome post. :-)

Last edited by SchoolOfRAWk : 07-27-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Meadowlark

Some of the changes proposed above may be impossible due to the amount of work involved.... I'm not sure. An idea is to put Hanging out and stuff in a RFC Lounge though if you do add fasting and health-related to the SRK Lifestyle forum..? Just thinkin aloud.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Hum... I'm thinking that maybe we should make this a separate thread in regards to how best to organize the forum's main page? WDYT?

Anywho, thanks guys for your feedbacks!!! See, that's the sort of thing that isn't readily apparent to Don and I as we tend to navigate the site in a different way that you do. Different perspectives are always a good thing!

RVM and Erica, you're right on with the need to reposition the sections. We'll go ahead and do it and, remember, it's not that big a deal to move things around so we can always readjust as we see fit later.

Erica,
I think you've got a great point in regards to the SRK being so much more than just about the 'kitchen'. 'Lifestyle' would fit better and, as you were pointing out, could then encompass the health and fasting sections. I'd like to know what others think about this. Anyone?

Off to go play in 'the brains' as we like to call the Admin CP. lol
Old 07-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Finch

Thumbs up Two thumbs up!

I like the idea that Erica suggested! It surely is a lifestyle!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Chickadee

I am all for this and actually consolidating some of the sections. Loves me some simplicity. And it would probably lead to more vibrant, well-attended discussions. I think I miss out on some great posts b/c I don't have time to sort...it's a lot of clicking and page loadin' to do so.

But it's a beautiful forum, and obviously lots of care was put into determining what topics might draw a variety of folks in.

Happy Friday! (the only kind, right?)
Old 07-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Meadowlark

This is the COOLEST!

And I agree, I just hate to miss out on threads, etc.

Carmella, I would still do the living foods forum ABOVE the "general" forum....I would put that second, though.

Makes sense you are looking at a different screen...

This is going to be the biggest, baddest forum EVER even MORE!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Finch

Lightbulb New Posts Link

Just want to make sure you guys know about the White Link at the top, in the blue section, right in the middle labeled: NEW POSTS (in between Calendar and Search)

Carmella pointed it out a while ago, and I never knew about it until I read her post! This helps me read everything new without having to scroll!

Just an FYI -- there are so many little things to use. There are also two portals.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Meadowlark

I know - I have never seen that feature before. So advanced!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Just a thought...

You know, once we get all the different sections sorted out (including our brand spanking new green section! ), I could see us having portal pages for each one. That way, you could see quickly all the recent threads posted in that particular forum, as opposed to having them all lumped together as the 'New Posts' option does.

Ideas, ideas, ideas, eh? If only there were more hours in the day to do everything creative thing that pops up in that mind of mine!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmella View Post
You know, once we get all the different sections sorted out (including our brand spanking new green section! ), I could see us having portal pages for each one. That way, you could see quickly all the recent threads posted in that particular forum, as opposed to having them all lumped together as the 'New Posts' option does.

Ideas, ideas, ideas, eh? If only there were more hours in the day to do everything creative thing that pops up in that mind of mine!
Whoah. I didn't know you were so webby, Carmella! (LOL - meaning tech-savvy, of course!)

What do you think about putting the whole living foods section above the general & hanging out section, though? It seems more befitting, priority wise, to me. OTHERWISE, it looks RAWSOME!
Old 07-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Quote:
Whoah. I didn't know you were so webby, Carmella! (LOL - meaning tech-savvy, of course!)
He he Me neither! I'm the one who does all the technical stuff (like I did parts of the header.) Most of the time though, I'm not even sure how I managed to do it! lol

I hear ya about the raw section. It's just that Don has some reservation as, to him, the personal growth section should be above. We'll try to think of something and will let you know...
Old 07-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Meadowlark

I like Don's point. I would add the personal growth section to the living foods lifestyle forum, with the health thread and fasting thread. Maybe even include journeys since it is more constructive, too, although it COULD fit into the lounge.

i'd make the other "general" section the RFC Lounge or something, and keep it photos and hanging out and the quotes section kind of stuff. Non-health and Non-raw related should all stay together, maybe, and the positive health productive stuff maybe kept together.

Maybe?
that might solve it. It just seems like hanging out and discussing what we saw on the way to work today should not then be 'above' the entire raw freedom community basis, etc.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Chickadee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Vegan Mama View Post

WDYT?
what language are you speaking? what is mp? srk? rfk? I'm so confused.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Finch

Talking

HAHAHAH! I just read your confession (ditched the beer, drank the wine!)- -and then this post! HEEHEE! I love you moonstone!

Carmella got me talking this way! LOL

MP - Main Page

SRK - Sunny Raw Kitchen

RFK - Raw Freedom Kids

RFC - Raw Freedom Community

So sorry for the confusion -- but I am glad you asked about!

Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Suggestion Box