Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General

Raw Food Preparation - General Share and learn about raw food prep, ingredients, recipes and tips.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Swallow

Unhappy I'm Allergic To Nuts

I have really deadly allergies to nuts. Most seeds too. I can only eat raw almonds. I see that many recipes call for cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, etc. Has anyone experimented enough to be able to substitute some other type of ingredient for nuts and seeds? If not, my raw diet will be seriously fragmented.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Swallow

I can't do nuts (except walnuts and some cashews) or seeds (except pumpkin seeds). It hasn't hindered my diet much, if any at all. Just get fat from avocado and protein from a large amount of greens. Now, if you want to go the recipie route, that will be more difficult, however, you have almods on your side and those seem to be in MOST recipies. At least the ones' I've been interested in and then realized they were made from almonds.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

When I went 100 % raw last summer, I noticed that I started to react to cashews pretty badly. That was news to me but then I know that eating raw can bring the booboos up to the surface. So what I'd do is sub cashews for macadamias in recipes. They were totally fine, for me at least.

Now, a year later, I find that I can have cashews and don't react nearly as strongly as I used to. My body is/has been changing a lot, getting healthier and healthier, and I guess that's just one of the ways it's manifesting.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

It might not be 'allergy' it might be to a fact that you are low or have no 'hydrochloric' acid. Once you do green smoothies and RAW for a while you should try introducing the "allergic''' nuts ; you will undergo a change and you might enjoy things that were upsetting you that they will no longer do that.
Also, if they are combined incorrectly,(nuts & fruits) that might cause a reaction and we call that 'allergy' ? Try eating nuts without fruits to see? Hope this helps. Joz

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General