These are sooooooo good! I always carry a few with me whenever I leave home.
Savoury Nori Snacks
From Raw Pleasure Australia
's free ebook
2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked 6-10 hours
2 tablespoons lemon juice (can mix it up with lime and some orange too)
3 tablespoons sultanas/raisins/currants
2 cloves large of garlic
1 teaspoon sea salt
6 raw vegan nori sheets
Blend all but the Nori sheets into a thick paté
2. Lay out 1 Nori sheet and spread some paté on (about ˝ cm thick).
3. Place another Nori sheet on top and press down
4. Continue until Nori/pate is finished
5. Dehydrate on a teflex sheet for 3 hours at 130 degrees °F (54 °)
6. Flip over onto a mesh sheet (dry side down) and lower temperature to 115 °F (46 °C).
7. Dry until crispy! It's easy to cut them in slices with a big pair of scissors after they have been drying a couple of hours. Cutting them up helps them dry faster too.
Other favorite spices or flavorings as desired (chili, rosemary, basil, olives, tomatoes)
It's very important for taste/texture/nutrition to soak the sunflower seeds. These aren’t quick to make since they need to be dehydrated, however you can make a HUGE batch and keep them ready for snacks!
I make it with only 3 nori sheets at a time. Yum!