Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Drinks and Smoothies

Old 08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Atlantic Puffin

GINGER'S Best Coffee Ever! By Popular demand!

Here is Ginger's WONDERFUL coffee Superfood drink. It is like a super-charged Frappuccino, except BETTER.

Ginger (RVM)- I hope you don't mind I brought this over to post on this forum, it's just so GOOD and I was asked about the things I was making in my blender!

Really, this frosty/smoothie/chocolatey/superfoody goodness gives you such positive energy and vibrations. I've been drinking one almost every day. lol.
Enjoy everyone!
Abby

Best Coffee EVER!
The official drink of superheroes everywhere!

Ingredients:
Cacao powder
Fo-Ti (Ho Shou Wu)
Maca
Lucuma
Yacon
Agave
Vanilla bean
Nutmeg
Cashews
Ice
Water

Try to contain your exitement
Grab your blender and add:
a scoop of cacao powder
add a few capsules of Fo-Ti, minus the capsules!
a scoop of maca
a tbsp of lucuma
a squirt of yacon
a squirt of agave
1/4 inch vanilla bean
dash of nutmeg
handful of cashews
cup of ice
cup or so of water

Chocolate sauce for lining the glass and topping the drink:
cacao and a capsule of ho shou wu & a dash of sea salt mixed with agave.

Last edited by Anabbytree : 08-03-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Swallow

Ha, cool! Glad you are enjoying it!

I am so bummed because i'm waiting on a new drive socket for my Vita-Mix right now. I break it about once ever year or so LOL! I tried making this in a regular blender and it had to be so watered down to get it to blend and still it wasn't all blended right grrr. I miss my coffee!!!

I do a few other variations on this drink as well- Mint Chip, White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Latte, Chai Latte, Chocolate Peanut & White Chocolate Peanut too!

Here's the pic

Last edited by Ginger : 08-03-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Atlantic Puffin

oooooooooooh, it looks soooooo goood!

Thank you for posting pictures, those are what made me really want to try it.

I'm sorry your vita-mix is broken! I feel your pain, as I don't have one at all and have to survive with my soon-to-die-I'm-sure weak thang.

So, I have a question for you Ginger- do you think you can drink too many of these? *Lol* I think I could have one a day without blinking. I suppose my body will tell me when it doesn't want one, for now it says "more please! "
Are there any superfoods that you should be careful about over-using?

Thanks again, it has been divine having your recipe in my life.
Abby
Old 08-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Swallow

YES. You can definitly over do this. My mom gave up Starbucks for this becasuse this tastes so much better, but after drinking 4 in one hour she felt a bit sick to her stomach. Could be the nuts could be the cacao don't know but yep, if you want to have 4 a day, space them out LOL have a green smoothie in between!

Your body will DEFINITLY let you know if you need more or less! Of course your taste buds will ALWAYS say more LOL

Last edited by Ginger : 08-03-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Atlantic Puffin

lol! Thanks for the heads up! I'll try to contain myself!
Old 08-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Meadowlark

So i was gonna have pasta primavera for dinner tonite, but now im having The best coffee ever!
Its high time!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Swallow

Just wanted everyone to know, I have been collecting the ingredients for this every since Ginger posted the recipe on RFT. The last ingredient, Fo-Ti, came today! I made it and WOW, it is so good. I bow to you Ginger, again and again for posting this recipe. Thanks, and more thanks!

By the way, my husband is so jealous because he had to leave for work and was not here when I made it. He has a request in to have it first thing Saturday morning!

Blessings and peace,

Marcia
Old 08-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Swallow

Yay you got it!! That is funny about your husband! My mother demands this stuff be made for her at least once a day now preferably twice! I make a little single serving baggie full of everything but the ice and water and keep them in the freezer to grab & go! I am actually looking into making up bags like this of just the mix and selling them on my site! I would like to make this drink more available to people so they don't have to hunt down all the stuff!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Swallow

FG did you have dinner yet? How was it?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

He He it said to put 2 capsules of fo ti and i visualized it as such and it was fine. Today I decided to put 1/2 tsp and I buzzed WOW I guess I don't need this much !!! calm down down Joz it's o.k. down Joz ! LOL

If something is good in little amount than little more should be better??? ONLY IF IT'S CHOCKOLATE !!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Chickadee

Ginger,
I would be a customer! I drove around to 2 different stores today trying to find the ingredients. Yum I made it, short a few of the ingredients. Let me know when you start selling the baggies.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:34 AM
Atlantic Puffin

Is there a resource out there in the great wide cyber world which shows the benefits of each of those wondrous super foods? If no one knows of one, I'll try to find one.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Meadowlark

OH MY DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!

Ginger, the frosty coffee really is the best drink ever! my new favourite!!!!!!!
Made it last nite...amaaaazing!!! thank you th ank you thank you!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Swallow

Ginger and all peeking in on this thread, and the verdict is.............my husband LOVED this. Yep, as requested I made it for him first thing this morning.

Ginger, good idea on making the little bags with everything but the water and ice, for grab and go, I'm gonna do that! Also, great idea do have the little bags available on your site, so people don't have to hunt the ingredients down. Good thinkin!

Have the best day ever! And, THANKS again!

Blessings and peace,

Marcia
xoxoxo
Old 08-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Swallow

I just tried it with pecans instead of cashews and a dash of cinnamon- pretty good too! The original and the Mint Chip are my top favorites but I love that I can make so many different versions of this drink! I'm thinking a vanilla hazlenut would be good, maybe pistachio dunno if that would be weird.. we'll see how it goes!

Can you tell i'm working on variety packs?

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Drinks and Smoothies