Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Drinks and Smoothies

Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Swallow

Wow!!! I tried to make this coffee although I was missing a few ingredients like yacon & lucuma & had to use reg vanilla extract (I used 1/2 tsp) because reg vanilla beans are way too expensive here for me to justify buying it. But I was amazed with this drink even minus those ingredients. It really tasted like coffee and went down pretty darn easy Thanks for posting the recipe.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Swallow

Yay!! Glad you liked it!

The caramel sauce was agave, maca, salt, mushroom powder, mesquite I think. I wouldve used lucuma but i'm out!
Old 08-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Atlantic Puffin

I will give the caramel a go! I like mesquite a LOT, so I'll probably use it, or maybe I'll try it both ways (ah, an excuse to make it twice!)

Thanks Ginger!
Abby
Old 08-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Meadowlark

Exclamation

That looks so GOOOOOOD! My mouth was salviating just looking at it!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Ginger: In one of your posts you mentioned 'mushroom' powder. Is any of it Reishi or Maitake? Please, Thank You. Joz
Old 08-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Swallow

I get a blend of like 7 medicinal mushrooms in capsules at WFM. For now!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Swallow

Ok Ginger, really I HAVE to thank you for this recipe because even though I haven't used all the ingedients mentioned, guess what? My hair is getting more brown again. I swear I only drank this recipe 3 times last week and yet, yup, I've lost some gray. Yaaaaaayyyyy!!! I even asked my husband & daughter (and they're tough judges ) and they both agreed with me.

Now the bad news is that I developed a rash under my left arm. Not sure if it's from the Fo Ti (I read online that some ppl do get rashes from Fo Ti--they didn't say where) or not so I stopped drinking it to see if it goes away. So far, it's still there (had my last "best coffee ever" on Sat. It could be some kind of detox. Well, probably is.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I get a blend of like 7 medicinal mushrooms in capsules at WFM. For now!
I found some ! Yea ! Now do you use it in every 'coffee' you make?

what turning gray away? yea!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:51 PM

o.k. Ginger: how do you use the mushroom caps? in the 'coffee' ?
can't find my note I made ! need more of this stuff ! Joz
Old 08-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Swallow

Yeah I break them open and toss the plastic or whatever that stuff is lol! I use a couple caps in the coffee and sometimes I use a couple in the chocolate syrup too.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Atlantic Puffin

Hey Ginger! Your site looks great, I'm excited for you!

I have a question about the "coffee". I sometimes make it in the morning and then put it into an insulated mug in the fridge at work and drink it late in the afternoon. Do you think it's okay to do that? I guess what I'm asking is do you think the superfoods loose their potency or become less super if they're blended together and refrigerated or frozen for a while? I'm sure fresh is best, but sometimes I've just gotta take one with me for later!

Thanks!
Abby
Old 08-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Swallow

Thanks so much!

I think it's fine. Sometimes I make an extra glass and keep it in the fridge for later. They keep longer of course when they are in dry form, once water is added they do go off after a day or so prolly. Definitly like anything sle the fresher the better!
Old 08-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Atlantic Puffin

great! thanks! I'll be sure to drink them within 12 hours!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Rawkin Robin

Ginger the Coffee Queen !

Ginger the coffee Queen- I bow down to you in thanks for this most AWESOME recipe !!!

So I work a VERY demanding schedule with tourists in my face all day-not complaining but after 4 months straight w/out a day off it can get rather shall we say rough! I made one of these this morning & I have never felt such a sense of bliss, energy, enthusiasm & just plain GREAT like I did after savoring this awesome drink.

I did not have all the ingrediants so I used cashew butter, cacao, maca, vanilla, sea salt , nutmeg & agave, ice & water. I'm on my 2nd one with almond butter & almond extract. Looking forward to getting a lot done tonight as I have been buzzing with energy !

Looking forward to getting the other ingrediants & making the Ultimate coffee drink.

Thanks again for sharing.

Lana

PS... I think the coffee shop is an excellent idea. As a 20 year shop/biz owner, if you ever need any private advice, feel free to e-mail me anytime.

Pss. Testimonial ~I have had to wear a nicotine patch all summer to keep me from smoking. Today was the very first day that I did not need the patch or have any urge to smoke. (I only have any urge in the summer to smoke~it's a *Job-related* thing and makes me very crazy). First time I've even wanted to admit it on any forum.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Bumping Up, Up, Up!!! (Can you tell I'm sipping on some right now? )

OK, boys and girls, this is GOOOOOOOOD stuff! I just made myself a batch and it is so darn yummy. I don't have lucuma or yacon syrup and it still turned out great. Oh, and I added a bit of Purple Corn Extract that Joz sent me to sample. Apparently it's Shazzie's superfood of choice and it goes good with chocolate so purrrrrrrfect!

You gotta GOTTA try this!

Last edited by Carmella : 12-07-2007 at 02:20 PM.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Drinks and Smoothies